CMB 90 MACS AERO 15CC PIPE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normlee

I ordered the wrong Macs pipe, its part #1190. Using this setup in a mono, am I waisting my time putting it in the water?

Thanks

I've never run the pipe and am just going what I've been able to glean from the description and pictures of the pipe.

It looks like compared to the marine 15cc pipe that the aero pipe has a smaller mid section and correspondingly gentler divergent and convergent cones and less internal volume. What I would expect is a broader power band at the sacrifice of some top end power and rpm. If you're looking for peak racing performance, it might not be the best pipe for your engine and hull, but then again testing might show that it's the hot setup for you. I would be surprised if that pipe gave you any issues getting your engine on the pipe and pulling.

Thanks Paul, Hi Danny, internal dim is .410

Is it worth opening up or just leave?

Thanks Guys

Hi Norm,

I use a couple of those pipes with my picco 90's and they run fine, it may not be the hottest setup , if you race, but the engines certainly get on the pipe and run well

I agree with Shane. They will work and since you have it try it. .410 is really small for a .90. But it will work.

i would open up the stinger to at least .450 to let it breath. on my cmb vac .91 motors i run .470 on the stingers so the motors will rev.

Hi Norm,

Those pipes will work well on a mono. Set at 12 inches and bore the stinger out to 11.5mm. I just drilled them out on mine.

Any advice on best way to open the diameter please?
i get a really good quality bit and stick it in the vise and rotate the pipe slowly by hand.do NOT use a power tool because the stinger wall is very thin!! use lots of lube an clean bit every so offten and it will go fine. also go in as far as you can to get thru the inner stinger as well.

There is no inner stinger on the 1190, there is on the 1290 which is the muffled tuned pipe. Straight flute reamers work well to open up stingers. Too thin of wall thickness can lead to stinger mounted mufflers falling off, breaking the stinger off in the process. People that run in hot, humid climates seem to like big stingers, the rest of us seem to need the heat in the pipe to accelerate well. Big stingers seem to lean the midrange, smaller seem to richen, but that said, some setups don't seem to follow the rules

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back