.12 pipes and .12 novarossi breakin process please

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam larvenz

Supporting Member
Hi roughly a year ago I bought a .12 JAE G4 rigger also ordered a .12 novarossi marine motor from Glen new had the boat built at the time of order also bought a prop at that time . All went Great very happy with all that helped me . do to hard times project got set a side now want to finish it . need a .12 pipe and if any one remembers the breaking in process for the motor I believe it was super rich barely running rich 1 tank then run until worm to the touch out of water 1 tank then in water easy for a tank then race ready Like to find out for sure Thank's Sorry for long read adam larvenz

Make it blubbering rich for 2 tanks. 2nd tank leave it blubbering rich but pinch fuel line to raise rpms until warm to the touch then release until rpms come down and repeat through tank. 3rd tank keep it warm to touch then ready for water. Run rich for at least a tank before leaning it out for performance. Mike Walker is a good resource too.

When breaking in the motor on the bench make sure the motor gets hot enough where you can only hold your fingers on the head for about 2-3 seconds. Run 2 tanks on the bench like this. In between tanks let the motor cool down with the piston at the bottom of the sleeve. When you put it in the water for the 1st couple of runs make sure it is rich and run no water to it running the throttle up and down. Takes about a gallon to break in a 12 the proper way.

Back