CMB Glow fuel mix ratios

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim van Schyndel

Not after anyones secret mixtures here but any help is appriciated.

Just chasing a starting point for a basic fuel mix for a stock CMB 67 in an SGX for club day racing. Happy to run 20 - 25% Nitro but it's really the oil ratios I'm interested in.

What are the total minimum safe oil ratios that can be used e.g. 15%?, 18%?, 20%???? or am I way out here??

I'm using Klotz KL 200 as the primary oil. How much castor?

On a side question - does anyone use the LOW/Idle needles or are they just opened up and out of the way?

Cheers in advance!

When I was mixing my own, I would run a 20% oil package. I used klotz supertechniplate. It was a 80/20 blend 20 being castor. I have never had any problem with a little extra protection. Others may say that is too much oil, but to each his own. I have mixed 40% to 66% nitro fuels all with same oil %. Now I run torco. It has a 80/20 18% oil package. Thats close enough for me. Plus its only a couple of more bucks than what my cost were to mix my own. So now I support my LHS that carries it.

I believe Redmax is a 15% package.

Low end needle do no good. You open them all the way up. You dont race at 1/4 throttle so no need for them.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
60 Rig...CMB motor. 60%nitro..10% klotz.. 5% castor. "Technology Fuel",is what I race in all my boats. Otto has it already mixed for you. If you prefer a different mix,he will make any type of blend you request. Very consistent,never an issue with his fuel.

As for the low end needle,if you like it then use it. I do not use one except on my 20 mono... JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Tim, I run "Bam Racing Fuel" same mix Alan Elzer uses. As for low speed needle I leave it so I can start it easy and get it into the water. I run tunnel hulls so yes we run slow in mill time and wide open when the race starts. With a lot of boats it is an advantage to be able to go slow and have the inside at the start. Check out Bam Racing

Bam Fuel here. Tim I use Morgan Synthetic with they're fortified castor. 16% synthetic & 2% Castor as my standard blend. For custom blend's I've never had anyone ask for anything less than 14% total.

Hope this helps you out.

Back