Nova Rossi 3.5cc O/B Takes 2017 US-1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Van Houten

Supporting Member
Vendor
The NOVA ROSSI powered KARMA 292, Modified 3.5cc O/B Tunnel WINS 2017 US-1.

A huge THANKS to Ron Shaw for putting this new design tunnel out front by winning 1st place in all three competitions. These new Nova Rossi engines and SSP pipes are deadly combo and are CRAZY FAST!

-Carl

Wow Carl!!! Thank you for the note and for another great Vansracing hull. I could not have done it without Kentley Porter's help as he built the boat for me and helped with the initial setup. Also your help on Friday night and Sat morning repairing the hull damage from Sowega and re-blueprinting the bottom and new lower unit skeg that was replaced to get the boat back to its pre-wreck state. Mike Brevoort and Sam Bowden did a great job at pitman. Good times here and enjoying the awesome job the Huntsville club is doing in the tower and retreive boat. Hopefully more to come later this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job Ron,a lot of hard work,you deserve it
default_smile.png

Thanks a lot guys. We have had a great time having our first full Internats experience.

How about some pictures of the boat? I'm really curious to see what this Karma 292 looks like.

Bob

Great Job! Any scores and time trial results for the top three boats in the class?

Mic

Thanks Mic. Conditions weren't the best when the tunnels ran for SAW and Oval so we could not go full bore.

Ron,

I understand conditions are not always perfect. At a time trial event you sometimes wait hours or days to go after records. In a US-1 timed event you and your competition are handed similar condition and only get one try with whatever water is available. What's nice is to compare all contestant times and see who is really the best boat that day. IMPBA used to publish complete results. If you swept heats,2 lap oval, and SAW, that's a real accomplishment. I just find comparing all this info very interesting to evaluate boats and drivers.

Mic

Well done Ron-I was there for the st. way event and wanted to talk to you but couldn't find you when I was walking around. Winning all three events is what it takes for U S 1 but I must say I was disappointed in the speed since I have heard so much about these new engines. The water was perfect for the 3.5 boats And I was waiting for some hi-speed runs but that didn't happen. Actually I was disappointed in the speeds of all the classes with a few exceptions. It seemed like everyone just ran there race set-up. I always believed in going for a fast run in the trophy trials and them settle it down a bit for racing but that was just me. Great job anyway!!

Well done Ron-I was there for the st. way event and wanted to talk to you but couldn't find you when I was walking around. Winning all three events is what it takes for U S 1 but I must say I was disappointed in the speed since I have heard so much about these new engines. The water was perfect for the 3.5 boats And I was waiting for some hi-speed runs but that didn't happen. Actually I was disappointed in the speeds of all the classes with a few exceptions. It seemed like everyone just ran there race set-up. I always believed in going for a fast run in the trophy trials and them settle it down a bit for racing but that was just me. Great job anyway!!
Tommy you are correct. Ron's run just happen to fall next to last and after all the runs were in, we knew that there was no reason to change wheels to win the straight line competition. You will see fast tunnels this fall.

Tommy,Carl mentioned he saw you and when I walked down to Zuber's tent, he said you had just left. I hate I missed you and Beth as I had not seen you in many years!! Carl is spot on. Once we saw the numbers we knew there was no reason to raise the engine and put on our straightaway prop. We knew our race setup would be just fine to win straightaway and oval. I even left the setup tight. Just ask David Hall. Believe me, these new engines are pushing our heat speeds higher than we have ever seen and most of us do exactly what you used to tell me many years ago. Use just what you need to stay out front and win!!!

Ron,

I understand conditions are not always perfect. At a time trial event you sometimes wait hours or days to go after records. In a US-1 timed event you and your competition are handed similar condition and only get one try with whatever water is available. What's nice is to compare all contestant times and see who is really the best boat that day. IMPBA used to publish complete results. If you swept heats,2 lap oval, and SAW, that's a real accomplishment. I just find comparing all this info very interesting to evaluate boats and drivers.

Mic
Thanks Mic. Yes accepting the condirions as handed to you was a very different experience from selecting the best water as you normally would at a SAW or Oval event. We elected to remain with heat racing setup throughout, and it paid off. I know that detailed information was posted at the CD stand during each event. Maybe Mark Bullard can post those details as well.

Latest posts

Back