resident pipe guru's help needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric stockon

what are these pipes and what size engine are they for?

pipes.jpg

i should say that the center section measurements on the top 2 pipes are the same as listed on the bottom one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The two on top are original 21 Irwin S pipes. do a search and you'll find a lot of good info on them. Great pipes.

The bottom one looks like an original Irwin 45 nitro pipe. Also very good.

Brian

Irwin pipes, don't think the top 2 are "S" pipes but are standard 21 size.

Cut 1/2 the dead band out of 'em to make them "S" pipes and hang on!
default_smile.png

i couldnt get my 21 to run with the top 2 never would get on the pipe went to a smaller pipe and she screams

DSCF9273.JPG

Yup,Irwin .21 &.45 "standard" pipes, not "s" pipes. I've got both styles, like Terry says cut 'em down to "s" pipe size (-; I can give you measurements & pics, if you want Eric. Then send one Tom Foley, he does awesome aluminum welding!

Ahh yes, my bad. I wasn't sure if they were offered as two different pipes or if everyone just cut them down. Either way, its worth cutting them down to make them the "s" version.
default_smile.png

Here ya go Eric, Irwin "S" pipe & Irwin "standard" pipe.

post-4982-0-34733700-1445029851_thumb.jpg

so the 2 inch section needs to be about a inch? maybe thats why my o.s. didnt like it. is that one guy still making parts to make them into outboard pipes.

Bob Kensill has cut & sectioned straight/inboard pipes into outboard pipes. Somewhere in my box 'o pipes I have an OPS 3280 he did.

CAM00005.jpg

Guys,

I think carbon pipes are the way to go.

Pay attention to the I.D. of the first cone.

The carbon Pipes from Brian Buass and over in Australia are

some of the best pipes we have ever tested.

If you want to stay in metal Scott Bouchie's pipes are Very Good.

The cone sizes are the most important part of a Great Pipe.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Back