titanium rod need some input

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbarile

Got a titanium rod in a Mac 84 that's been run, from Brad Christy. Ran around 5-6 season appears in excellent condition. Want to put the second mac in my twin with that rod (reduced vibration was excellent). Question is I need another one; have not been able to get Brad C.

Also is there a life span on these rods and is it worth to get another for the second engine. or just use the mac stock

rods.

If positive feed back on rods. need brad C. email or phone # He did not respond by member message.

Rich B.

How about the life of the rod ??? Infinity or ??. phone # good made the call. thanks

rich b.

I have a brand-new Keely titanium rod for a never-run original Rossi R80RV drum valve marine engine (circa 1986). Are these rods as durable as the original stock Rossi counterpart? I ask because the Keely rod is very minimal in terms of material proportions, especially the circumference area around the upper and lower ends (when I get a chance I'll post an image of it later). Of course the lighter mass is nice, however not sure I want to risk failure and potential damage to other (hard-to-find) Rossi engine parts.

I can't exactly remember, but I believe the stock Rossi rod is bushed on lower-end only?

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran a titanium rod in my 67 MAC for years an years no problems at all ,from what I recall it was made by Brad Christy ,Cheers Ace

Latest posts

Back