Help Support IntlWaters by donating using the link above.
Photo

Charlotte, NC area?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Jim Allen

Jim Allen

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:19 PM

The lake they are using requires the driver's stand to be at one end. The lake is approximately 200+ ft at its widest point & is approximately 1200+ ft in length. Also, there are many homes on the west side of the lake. I'm investigating Randleman Lake which has a launching ramp for our gas powered retrieving boats. Randleman  Lake has as much water to run in as Falls Lake. Both are reservoirs but both allow gas powered boats.

Jim Allen 

#17 StephenLilly

StephenLilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:29 PM

Ok, let me know what you find out !

#18 Jim Allen

Jim Allen

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:00 PM

This is a satellite view of the running site at Falls Lake State Recreation Area located at the end of Baptist Road. There is no swimming allowed, but this is not enforced because there are so many people breaking the posted rule. Therefore, during the summer months, we run on Mondays & Tuesdays only. Once the water temperature drops the other days in the week are available. The launch area is 500+ ft long & you can walk out into the water 80+ ft, with the water depth still at 3+ ft. Notice the paved parking area & the short distance to the water's edge. The useable straight away is 7,500+ ft long with the back side of the running site 5,600+ ft away.

Note: A good gas powered retrieving boat is allowed & required on a running site of this size!!

Jim Allen

Attached Files

• Attached File  001.jpg   131.84KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  002.jpg   135.02KB   1 downloads

#19 StephenLilly

StephenLilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:05 PM

Cool Jim, I'm into that. I don't have a retrieval boat but would help chip in for gas if someone does. My wife works late those 2 days most weeks but not always, any other afternoon would work better but I understand we can't drive if there are swimmers! Maybe Wednesday? That would be more likely for me to make it most weeks.

#20 don campbell

don campbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:44 AM

almance boat club is planing a fun run sep. 15

#21 Jim Allen

Jim Allen

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:21 PM

Do you have any more information concerning address or who to contact?

JA

#22 don campbell

don campbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:44 AM

Alamance rc boat club, 7546 lindley mill road .Gary Forjet ,they have facebook. i will not be able to go but gary said around 11am

#23 Jim Allen

Jim Allen

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:14 AM

Thanks Much Don!

JA