King of the Lake, Evansville, In Sept 22 @7pm

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Johnson

King of the lake returns Sept 22 under the lights in Evansville, In. with a bit of a twist. The plan is to do open water from 12-6pm then run qualifying races starting at 7pm. We'll set the field then run the final heats on Saturday immediately following district race, again under the lights. (Subject to change to all Friday night) Depending on number of entries will determine the number of qualifying heats. I'd like to get 4 heats for both classes. It will be split into gas and nitro, all boats from all classes welcome. Rules will be strictly enforced. Top 6 make the final heat. It's a win and your in, meaning 4 winners and last two in by points. Points will be scored:

1st place - 5 points

2nd place - 4 points

3rd place - 3 points

4th place - 2 points

5th place - 1 point

Prizes to be gift certificates or cards to the hobby dealers that supply most of our needs along with trophy.

Right now I'm at $200 towards prizes but I do expect that number to climb as we have two more potential race supporters to talk to.

Entry fee is $20 per boat. You can run both classes if you so desire.

Before anybody says smaller boats/smaller motors dont have a chance, flashback reminder, Jeff Schindler won the last King of the Lake with a B hydro against bigger faster boats.

Please enter here, on the D14 facebook page, or by email to: [email protected]

If your a hobby supplier and wish to contribute to the prizes, please contact me at above email or reply here with what you wanna contribute.

Check. Be advised we may have to improvise and combine just as we did before if we dont get enough entries. Hopefully we can keep it seperate

Gotcha both. May end up having to combine gas and nitro like they did in original king of the lake race. Depends on how many entries I get before we do it.

Aaron do you have list how is in for the King of Lake (gas-Nitro-FE)
default_rolleyes.gif

Here's what I have as of now:

Nitro:

Ray Bowden

Sam Bowden

Doc Turner

Gregg David

Dale Hobbs

Jason White

Gas:

Rich Zimmerman

Brad Maglinger

Mike Crawford

I had a few more gas ppl say they might but nothing for sure yet. I think we'll definitely pick up more Saturday morning. If not, may have to combine everyone, run some qualifiers and take top 6 but we will see what happens Saturday before making that decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back