• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB eagle sg .21 sponson

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ww29

does anyone have a eagle sg .21 right sponson laying around that is sealed no damage

If you dont come up with a new set. I have a used set. I too have broken the turn fin section off many times and glued it back on. I think I did it 3 years in a row at the same race at the beginning of the season. Kept hitting sticks. Got so tired of it I thought I would come up with a fix. I drilled 2 holes that ran all the way up to the front boon tube from the back. Then epoxied carbon tubes in. Never broke it again. I do this regularly on the sponsons I build now a days. You can have my old set for 20 + shipping if you want.

It should be pretty easy to drill the old tube out and epoxy in a new one. I've had to do this a few times myself and its really not bad. The tubes that Andy uses are easy to drill straight even with a hand drill because the inside diameter is very round and concentric with the OD of the tube. Just keep stepping up your drill bit a little at a time and keep a close eye on how deep your going. Make the top of the hole a little bigger after the old tube is out so you can set it square with a 1-2-3 block while the epoxy dries.

Brian

Whenever I needed to do this I simply removed the full boom tubes from the boat, filled the sponson with the right quantity of epoxy, shoved the replacement tube into the sponson, wipe the excess off that squirks out, assemble the sponsons into the boom tubes, place the whole thing upside down on my wife's glass table, place something weighty on the bottom of the sponsons to hold it flat to the table, check the squareness of the new sponson tube with a small square then your good. Done this a bunch and it's always worked, hope this helps.

I do the same as Greg but the booms stay in the boat. I make sure the ride pads are flat at the back of the sponsons and put weight there. Then when dry, I drill the 4/40s.

Back