Need comments on DF 29"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Au

Does anyone have a comment on installation position of motor, esc, battery & hardwares

for Deltaforce 29" with 4092 motor, 180A esc, 6S and 3/16" drives? Thanks for assistance!

That is a lot of power in a short boat. 6S1P or 2P? You will likely need to mount the motor in the front, run batteries on either side of the stuffing tube and place the ESC where ever you have space.

Some ideas:

DSC_3907.JPG

DSC_3912.JPG

P1040048.JPG

DSC_4290.JPG

Tyler, thanks for your comments & photos. I prepare to use 6s1p/5000ma and understand it seems be difficult to find

a good CG rather than 6s2p placed in either side. I original have an idea to mount the motor closely to the end and put

esc & battery in the front.

Here is my Deltaforce 33" I run 6s with a leopard 4082 1600kv, Swordfish 220 on a M545 prop. I think the 4092 will be too much motor for a 29" hull.

The strut is offset 7mm to the right and 7mm up.

e22a8434418609dc73295a3b9974564a.jpg
21f3f7b379cbb9cd5961edec3f9e7730.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your comments, Steven! I have another Leopard 4082 motor and may be put into 29" replace the

original 4092. The esc i have is Seaking 180A V3 and the prop choice is either M447 (4092) or M445 (4082)

but will consider M545 like you. But i confused if its need 7mm offset strut while i guess its only offset angles

behind center line.

Patrick,

The offset angles are to counterprop walk. It is not necessary but it helps.

If you plan on running a single pack, your only option is motor in the back and battery directly in front of it. Mount the ESC off to the left side. Steering servo on the right.

My experience with the DF mono hulls is the CG needs to be further back than you think. When they are correct, they will fly right on top of the water.

Tyler

Patrick when I built the boat I used a 7mm offset on the strut to counteract the torque steer, the boat with this setup runs straight as an arrow with out trim tabs. Later on I put trim tabs on to help keep the nose down, it certainly helped in choppy race conditions. I'll try to get a better picture for later on which shows the offset strut.

Many thanks of Tyler & Steven, i agreed offset strut will help to prevent prop walk and not to going right in full speed but i worry about the stuffing box must be brend if the strut offset 7mm when the

motor mount with center line.

Patrick if you look at my boat you will notice the motor is not mounted straight in the boat, this gives the flexi A nice curve to the transom.

Latest posts

Back