Announcement from rcRacingEvents

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Britton

Effective today (9/24/2016) rcRacingEvents.com will no longer allow clubs to create new races.

30 days after the 3rd Annual Winter Nitro Championships hosted by Tampa Model Boat Association, Inc. held on January 14, 2017, rcRacingEvents.com will shut down.

All races between now and then that are already setup using rcRacingEvents can still be held using the site and related software.

You guys caused this.

I spent ten years of hard work creating this site. I did it all by myself. I did not STEAL, BORROW, OR TAKE, anything from anyone. All of the code that was written to create it was mine. It was all from me. The fact that he had scoring software before me is irrelevant.

I DID NOT STEAL HIS CODE TO CREATE MINE.

HE STOLE MY CODE TO CREATE HIS.

And when I told you that Ron Byrd stole my code, you acted like you didn't care. You told me I was acting like a baby, acting childish, and a hundred other names that I will not post here. in fact some of you were downright rude. I don't need friends like that.

How many of you would think differently if it was your dream that had been stolen...

I hope his site works out for all of you. It will be all you have.

Any use of rcRacingEvents software after January 14, 2017 will be considered unauthorized. I will not be held responsible, or liable for any damages caused by its use.

I'm taking my ball and going home. I don't need this. You are not my friends.

Bill Britton
rcRacingEvents.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant say I blame ya Bill - your hard work and time spent over the years was truly appreciated by those that used what you created- a BETTER way- period.

I can also understand your frustration and where it stems from . When I heard that , I thought it was pretty shitty to be honest with you.
default_sleep.png

Rock on Pokeahoe - your still appreciated by some of us, know that.
default_cool.png

Guess that also sticks a fork in me as far a racing goes for a while as I wont support the alternative.

More time and funds to fly rockets and smile about it .............

Bill, I do not know you personally but consider this. The hobby of Model Boating or any hobby is bigger then any 1 or 2 people. I have worked hard all my life and enjoyed many hobbies in the last 54 years and Model Boating is by far my favorite. I know there are nay sayers out their, but for every 1 their are a hundred who appreciate your hard work. Maybe your situation with Ron can be resolved, maybe not, but please don't let it affect the whole Model Boating community. It would be nice for the guest that visit this site to see it resolved. OMHO but Life is too short, I plan to enjoy this hobby weather it be index cards or computers running a race. God bless you both. ==={}
default_cool.png

That sucks . Bill it was great while it lasted , thanks for everything you've done for the sport.

Bill,

I don't go to races that often but I use your site to see what's going on,often.

I have no idea what that other site is.

I hope enough people post to show how important your work and site is to us and waiver your decision.

Tim

For all the effort you put into this Bill it sure would be a big loss to us all for you to toss in the towel. There is an old saying that comes to mind....... you quit, they win.
default_wink.png

There is only a winner if you are playing a game.................................
default_wink.png

Looks like Ron will have to play with him self now...............................
default_happy.png

Please don't Bill. We choose to use your site and pay because it is much better than the other. I looked at the other and noticed how identical it was but still not as easy to use as yours. Please let there be a way for us who want to use your site to continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i guess I will quit racing. I'm with you Bill. Good luck to all my fellow racers. The friends I have made over the years will be missed.

Lol....This is a part of why I don't race rc stuff like I used too. People take things way too seriously. Guess once you put your life on the line racing real vehicles, you think differently about things. I don't know who said what but honestly I'm sure very few of us care...I feel bad for you Bill, not because of your decision, but because it was your dream. That's sad in itself. Blaming other people for causing you to make a decision sounds weak. Creators rarely get the accolades, it's the implementors that become legends. The "it will be all you have" comment is hysterical. RC boating will go on, no biggie. Don't forget your ball....

Bill reconsider there is always a few bad apples in every crowd it is called ignore and the ones that keep PM you block them

Bill,

It is a very unfortunate decision being made about closing the site. Many of us have come to rely and enjoy your workmanship for playing with our toy boats. The site has been flawless since your server change.

If you must close down, I do understand. I do not know all the exact history to cause your decision, but your decision is respected.

Thank You for your service to our hobby.

I have heard change can be a good thing.....................

I vote namba use that other system and impba use rcracingevents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill you and your work will be missed. I do hope you will change your mind. I race in IMPBA D4 and will say the clubs that run the most races use your site and I really liked it a lot. The best part for me was I could see who was going to race and what they were running. We have a great group here in D4 with little to no bs at the races. Now loosing your site will make it that much harder to get things done. My club runs 3 races a year my friends started a new club running 3 races a year and I can say for a fact both clubs need and depend on you and your software. Hope you change your mind but either way Thank You for all you have done

George

Back