NOW THATS FAST

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwilfong

Looks like the new mark is set for a RC boat 169MPH.................................

Came across this today. It was created six years ago. Just never published. Just kidding LOL

Copy of a facebook post of the German SAW event 9/23/2016. It may not be as good of quality but at least you can see the run without having a FB account.

https://youtu.be/JspelOMRh64

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!
default_blink.png

https://www.facebook.com/lehner.motoren/videos/1296635377055833/

Raul

the problem is that boat cant make a two way run ...........................

It will never set a record..............................

If you can get on Face book and watch the video it is amazing the revs this motor makes.

The sound will send goose bump up your spine.........................................

200 MPH will not be out of reach here soon. The first pass was 179 MPH

Guess that answers where Jorge has been , you really didnt think the German was just sitting around watching 139 get beat did ya
default_wink.png

Here is the boat.............................

This thing was smooth as glass running at that speed.

Makes me think more than I should about a new boat.................................
default_cool.png

14469431_565718210298805_3235319855237433359_n.jpg

Interesting , from that pic - it sure looks like the rear uprights are steerable ( the have pushrods and pivot ) .

Looks like he figured out an outside the box airbrake system similar to what Chris H came up with. Wonder if its part of the boats stability at speed as well ??
default_rolleyes.gif

Also makes one wonder about the 2 uprights just behind the cowl area.

The uprights might be the antenna tubes. Some companies have either made a special receiver setup for carbon to receive the signal better through carbon fuselages or recommend mounting the antennas outside.

It was more impressive to be there in person and watch the run live. His goal was just to hit 160mph. 179MPH was just a bonus. Then Saturday night with the same set-up and ideal water Joerg managed to get a better start on both sides and ran 185MPH, just shy of 300KPH. Everything on that boat was thought of, calculated and engineered. There was a lot of current and a lot of RPM in this set-up and it was not even the hot setup that was available. The rear verticals are stabilizers and air-brakes. The secondary vertical are for the receivers antennae.

There were 35 contestants and around 135 boats. The biggest SAW event I know of.

TG

Group Photo.jpg

Yes, he is still making him own props, but spinning quite a bit more RPM than in 2004. He is also making his own ESC's and went through great lengths to reduce connection losses.

I did run, but had some teething problems with a new boat. In hind sight I should have run the older boat which has a known set-up, but I was eager to test the new boat. I managed a 126mph pass, but this is far below my previous runs and target speeds.

Yes, he is still making him own props, but spinning quite a bit more RPM than in 2004. He is also making his own ESC's and went through great lengths to reduce connection losses.

I did run, but had some teething problems with a new boat. In hind sight I should have run the older boat which has a known set-up, but I was eager to test the new boat. I managed a 126mph pass, but this is far below my previous runs and target speeds.

Very cool, 126 on a new set up is nothing to sneeze about!

Is he casting them? Or cutting blades and re-attaching?

Back