eagle twin w/mac 84s

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbarile

Have twin eagle with rear ski pads , no rear sponses. Will abc props work cleaver type, Im running 1667s with considerable lift.

abc cleaver type have considerably less lift. I can not drop my strut , only can angle , will it they work???

appreciate input Rich B.

Yes they work good on ski boats. Try a set of 2619 or 2719 you will have to add negative to the struts

You will be at -4 to -6 degrees on the struts .
. I’ve read a post or two on this forum to know you have been running Andy’s twin for awhile. I’m sure you know how to check your negative angle in relation to the points of Andy’s hull which should be level. But, to achieve -6 you would have to bend the tube upward and back down to get this and maintain prop depth. Is this what you have done? If so, I’m sure it is a short bend towards the back of your boat. Andy’s engines are usually mounted on 5 degrees and if you ran the shaft straight all the way to the prop , it would be very deep, that is why you have to reduce the angle to get the strut depth.

Dont think I can get the 5/6 degrees ski is already in place Is it worth the effort for the speed increase and stabiltiy???

The Negative strut angle with those props caused me to lose a Nationals, in the turns it caused the boat to drive its nose in an lift the ass so bad the boat spun on a couple of occassions i was leading at both times , i have experimented alot with these props an they do not impress me at all just cannot get the set up right , i believe the SGX is not designed to run these prop , you can still get the speed without using these props an all that negative angle ,good for straight line but not heat racing. Just my 1 cent Ace

The Negative strut angle with those props caused me to lose a Nationals, in the turns it caused the boat to drive its nose in an lift the ass so bad the boat spun on a couple of occassions i was leading at both times , i have experimented alot with these props an they do not impress me at all just cannot get the set up right , i believe the SGX is not designed to run these prop , you can still get the speed without using these props an all that negative angle ,good for straight line but not heat racing. Just my 1 cent Ace
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_cool.png
default_cool.png
default_cool.png
default_ph34r.png
default_ph34r.png
default_ph34r.png

As you stated its all about setup if you cant get it right then you will have to use something different no issues here with my Roadrunner Twins it can handle any prop I throw at it. Runs and turns perfect great for heat racing

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to here that Ace I had similar problems at first . I ended up taking out the stinger through to compensate for the spin out or rudder through. It’s funny if you tested so much did you adjust in increments or did you just set it a what ever and went racing? Here something to try let off the throttle just before the turn and set the boat it should sling shot around the corner and also pull a tighter radius and accelerate a lot more. You got to remember when racing what anything can go into a corner at full speed and not crash lol!!!

John Brown a few years ago was spotting for me at the fall nationals and ask me the same question Do you ever let off!!! And at the time I didn’t it was all out or nothing I have faster **** know and I have to drive know plane and simple. Your **** is so fast it’s time to step up your game and go to the next level mate
default_wink.png

Also I didn’t loose my Winter Championship race pass ya later Charlie

. I’ve read a post or two on this forum to know you have been running Andy’s twin for awhile. I’m sure you know how to check your negative angle in relation to the points of Andy’s hull which should be level. But, to achieve -6 you would have to bend the tube upward and back down to get this and maintain prop depth. Is this what you have done? If so, I’m sure it is a short bend towards the back of your boat. Andy’s engines are usually mounted on 5 degrees and if you ran the shaft straight all the way to the prop , it would be very deep, that is why you have to reduce the angle to get the strut depth.
Hi Jeff in experimenting with these new props at first had a little trouble with trying to just get the angle at the strut after finding a good angle I pulled the hole strut off the transom and bent the tube to accommodate the new strut angle to take the stress off the shaft tube.

Works fine and haven’t changed the strut depth. Have done this on two twins two 45s and one 90 like I have said -4 to -6 def is where I end up at with the ski -4 with out a ski -5 or -6.

Hi Jeff in experimenting with these new props at first had a little trouble with trying to just get the angle at the strut after finding a good angle I pulled the hole strut off the transom and bent the tube to accommodate the new strut angle to take the stress off the shaft tube.

Works fine and haven’t changed the strut depth. Have done this on two twins two 45s and one 90 like I have said -4 to -6 def is where I end up at with the ski -4 with out a ski -5 or -6.
Mr. Schafer sent the props. Tried them at half a deg. N. G..put heavy load on the engines and they quit immediaty. Spoke to Schafer he stated 1 to 2 deg is sufficeint

What he suggested is cut the middle of pad out so to get more adjustment. Got my 1667 finally runing with a bar cut and cutting the dog ears off reducing the load,

boats moving nicely . Rich b.

Band Aids.....to a MUCH larger issue....
default_ph34r.png
default_wink.png
. Ok........I miss heavy traffic on this site, so I’ll participate. Big Chuck, what are you referring to? Shaft angle is good if your boat can handle it. Most SGX boats can handle some. Now, it does look like 1 degree equals 3 to some people in Canada, but please explain what you mean. Jeff Lutz

Jeff.....study the videos closely. They all show you something that the speed factor blinds you of. Ace is correct. Even if you look at the recent videos of Charlie's races in Flordia. Even Charlie's comment in the post....

Not saying the props don't work..they do, we are faster....but now everyone has identified a new set of issues that the additional speed brings...

Saw it a couple YEARS when I got some 2819's from mark....

As He say " good luck testing".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back