Huntsville today-New Sport .21 SAW record

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geraghty

Boat-Tommy Lee [boat built between naps]

Motor-Truex Jr.

Driver-David Hall

Prop-Don Huff

Result.....63.85MPH

The weather is the kicker.... water is rough...wind is at 15 mph...83 degrees and humid as hell...

Brad,

They are talking about 21-Sport outboard I believe?

It was 60+ mph according to the web site.

Moving along for a 21-Tunnel.

Nice Job Fellas,

Mark Sholund

Sport 21 tunnel

I would like to see a video of that.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the UNOFFICIAL records:

Name Class Record Time (Sec) Speed MPH
Martin Truex Jr A Hydro 1/16 2.25 99.87
Mark Grim LSG 36 Sport Hydro 1/16 2.19 102.69
Arne Hold Q Hydro 1/16 1.38 163.58
David Hall/Rick Grim A Outboard 1/16 4.09 55.03
David Hall/Rick Grim A Outboard 1/4 Oval 28.31 31.79
David Hall/Rick Grim A Outboard 1/3 Oval 36.50 32.88
Tyler Garrard Q Hydro 1/4 Oval 16.87 53.36
Gunnar Hold P Hydro 1/16 1.68 133.69
Tommy Lee/David Hall B Sport Tunnel 1/16 3.53 63.78
Bob Londress N Super Stock Mono 1/3 Oval 73.62 16.30
Bob Londress N Stock Mono 1/3 Oval 59.38 20.21

Paul
Good job fellas!

Paul

Thanks JJ & shoboat-the air was bad and the wind was blowing and the water was rough but other than that it was a perfect day. The official average speed was 63.775 with the fast pass at 64.32mph. There is a video but not the record runs. It is amazing how many people were on the shoreline but no one recorded the best run of the day. No doubt, the best run I have ever seen from a tunnel boat. I understand someone will be loading the video to YT for good quality and it will be posted on here.

david hall and record boat.JPG

Here is a running pic-this is when the water was calm.

run #2.jpg

"Tommy Lee"!!!

Still the undisputed Master of the Outboard!!!

Great work guys!!!
default_biggrin.png

Here is another running picture into the wind. The boat got a bit loose but David didn't let off and the boat settled and went all the way thru.

Tyler-thanks for posting the video.

flying high.jpg

Tommy thanks again for asking me to help you with this project it has been a blast. cant wait to put the mod motor on to test. Martin says he has the November mod motors ready. Hopefully the 45 will be just as "Special". I wish u woulda cut me out of the picture, haha.

Congrats to all who worked on that project. Glad to see Tommy back at the pond with a boat. Also, Thanks to all who gave of their time to put on the SAW event for all of us. I hate I was not able to stay long but had a blast anyway.

-Carl

Thanks to everyone-none of this could happen if not for David Hall. He rigged the boat and did all the hard work-getting us to the lake-testing- retrieving-more testing. Those who have done this know the drill. We have some other goals to reach but talking about them doesn't make it happen-you have to prove it. Time will tell??

Back