What to degrease/prep epoxy primer with before paint?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan levy

Hi guys, I just primed my glass hull with Eastwood 2k epoxy primer in a can (really like it so far). Wondering what I should clean it with before painting - dawn dish soap, denatured alcohol, acetone etc etc

I have some bondo and bvm pinhole filler under the primer. Just want to remove oils from my hands etc.

Thanks!

I use the same thinner that I thin the epoxy paint with to degrease the hull.

uh ... no. to thinner. thinners have a solvent that will leave a film. enamel reducer has no residue. prep sol (solvent ) does. alcohol leaves no residue. use lint free cloth for cleaning. paper towels, leave lint. ppg has wax free tack rags that leave no residue. if you have all primer, no grease spots, water with a small amount of alcohol should do it. us a spray bottle. if you have grease at this point......... well , you shouldn't. item to be worked on , step one should be degrease and completely clean before even starting work. hot soapy water following the degreasing works best. and then do it again. should be squeaky clean all over.

Latest posts

Back