Paint removal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardKnox

I have a Phil T. Sport 40 with a Klass Kote paint job I want to remove. Can I use a stripper on it or do I have to sand it off?. Thanks

A lot of paint strippers I have tried over the years will soften both polyester and epoxy resin. In fact, I have used paint stripper to undo an epoxy joint. (it soften the epoxy glue to a point where I can just scrap it off), I wet sand all my boats when I want to refinish.

A lot of paint strippers I have tried over the years will soften both polyester and epoxy resin. In fact, I have used paint stripper to undo an epoxy joint. (it soften the epoxy glue to a point where I can just scrap it off), I wet sand all my boats when I want to refinish.
This hull is done inside -outside and on the bottom. Thick coats and then cleared. I want to get it back to the gel coat white. Is sanding the lone option?

Rich, I've had success with Soy Green polystripper on a PT sport 40, The inside is another story, still going to take some elbow grease with paper......==={}

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used a product called PEELER on wood boats with good success. Available at O'Reilly auto parts in a spray can.

I recently used the Aircraft remover on a Backlash to remove the clear coat and had no problems. I started out with a small piece to practice with before coating

the boat.

Good Luck

I just bought a rattle can of aircraft paint stripper 3 days ago. Trying to read the fine print inside an Auto Zone isn't easy. It says not to use it on fiberglass which is what I was going to use it on.

Latest posts

Back