• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to buy flowmeter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianNeumann

If anyone has an extra flowmeter they would like to sell I would be interested​. Either a propane or Boris design in good working order is fine.
Thank you,
Brian Neumann

I BOUGHT ONE AND I AM NO LONGER LOOKING. THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian,

I have a Boris meter second generation, if you are interested

give me a call.

Mark Sholund

231-590-3023

I have a top shelf propane job I will sell you for $25 plus shipping. My advice is to get a Boris meter though. The best thing I have found is to get an Air Density meter and use it in conjunction with the Boris Meter

Thanks for the advice mike! Is there any disadvantages to the gen 2 or 3 boris meters compared to the gen 4? I am only going to be using it on 12 and 20 size nitro engines.

I have both. The latest versions have 2 air pumps and they have different settings for the same tune. For small motors you would think that a single pump would be fine but I don't know that for sure. I only race scale nitro boats and I'm sure there are plenty of guys on here that would have a good answer for you.

The other advantage of the Boris meter is they are a LOT smaller than the old propane jobs and you don't have to pack extra gas cylinders around.

I appreciate all the info Mike. I will hold out for now and see if I can find a Boris flowmeter. But if nothing pans out I may take you up on your propane flowmeter. Are there any reasonably priced air density meters that work well?

I appreciate all the info Mike. I will hold out for now and see if I can find a Boris flowmeter. But if nothing pans out I may take you up on your propane flowmeter. Are there any reasonably priced air density meters that work well?
do a search on AutoDens all one word from the App Store or Google Play. Mine was free a couple years back.

Bill

Brian, I have a Boris Flow meter, I believe it is a Gen II, 1 pump. It doesn't need any adjustment. It also has a tap to use an external sphygmomanometer. Includes the digital sphygmomanometer in the picture and the charger & voltage checker. The Boris charger takes forever to charge the battery so I always used my lipo charger. You get 1st dibs on it. $135.00 shipped in the lower 48.

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0701.JPG

Thanks for the offer Jerry and everyone else! I have decided to just bite the bullet and purchase a brand new one from Boris. I appreciate everybody's help!

Back