best mono hulls?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big roy

Ok guys, I was just wondering who makes the best mono hulls? I have a older .45 mono that is getting close to being done I mean tuned on the water but I was thinking of going bigger. Any thoughts on either a new hull or say older stuff out there would be helpful.

Roy

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys, I was just wondering who makes the best mono hulls? I have a older .45 mono that is getting close to being done I mean tuned on the water but I was thinking of going bigger. Any thoughts on either a new hull or say older stuff out there would be helpful.
Roy
Big Roy, I'd be intrested in hearing what other members have to say also. I've only seen a couple monos at the local lake that ran well-a large cal craft w/a CMB 1.01 and a A.C. Lazer 45" w/a zen 26(running on camp fuel). I recently bought a A.C. 40" Lazer set up for a .67 but have just finished gathering up parts to finish it. If I get off my backside I might get it wet next Sunday. If you want a couple pics of the A.C. 40" lazer drop me a e-mail at [email protected]

I am looking for winter projects and if a rigger does not happen then I may look for another mono, I already have a .45 boat so I would look for something bigger but not a gasser, I will stick with the nitro stuff

I love my 20 seaducer well built and runs great with a mac in it Jerry has some of the best running monos around. Robert

If your sticking with a nitro boat- Seaducer is the only way to go (IMHO) ... ;)

There is another hull with a very simular bottom available, by why not own "the real thing"...... Just my 02. and I'm sticking too it :p

Andy

I have a nice 47 inch seaducer that is completely rigged. All you would need is the engine, radio, and pipe. Comes setup as jerry requires, his gas motor mount, hardware, cowl, and is white with red splatter. I need to clean it up before shoting pics. Has servos too and radio box.

Curt

I have a .67 Microburst that I like very much but it runs real light on the water which is not good in rough water at times :eek:

Bob

Thumb Up & Thumb Up Seaducer 45 mono SD3 with CMB 45 RS built by Jerry Crowther B) another I saw Rob's Speedmaster 20 mono II w/ CMB 21 RS-7 Valvola at our club and it really faster and better good hand

I had a AC 45 That I could not ever to get through the corner. Went to a Cal Craft with CMB 45 and was very happy. I took second at the 2007 NAMBA nats to Justin Hill who was also running a Cal Craft. The Cal Craft seems to be a little more forgivving in rough water. Greg

It will all depend on were in the country you are racing. East coast And South are OWNED by Seaducer!!! :p :p :p Out west you will get Calcraft and Seaducer. If you are 60 motor and up

ONLY Seaducer. B) B)

It will all depend on were in the country you are racing. East coast And South are OWNED by Seaducer!!! :p :p :p Out west you will get Calcraft and Seaducer. If you are 60 motor and upONLY Seaducer. B) B)
Thats what I read into the original post- He wanted bigger than a .45 boat = SEADUCER .

They work just as well on the west coast too I'm sure ;)

I guess we are just a little more Jerry loyal on this side of the country :p

Andy

Jerry took his seaducers to cali one year and cal craft couldnt touch him.
be carefull what you say i was there and yes jerry did a good job with his boats at the 2004 legg lake nationals, this guy is looking for a good .45 boat and at the 2004 namba nationals not a single seaducer in the top 3 of the .45 mono class hmm! also take a look at this years namba nationals and see whats mostly in the winners circle hmm!

Ive got to say at the 07 NAMBA nats We were running mostly against Seaducers. I think Justin,Lenny and I were running Cal craft. My observation was that the seducers had a habbit of going hop,hop, dunk. I'm not trash talking the boat, This is just my observation I'm sure these are both fine boats that have had a lot of R&D put into them. Probably couldn't go wrong with either one. Greg

Jerry took his seaducers to cali one year and cal craft couldnt touch him.
be carefull what you say i was there and yes jerry did a good job with his boats at the 2004 legg lake nationals, this guy is looking for a good .45 boat and at the 2004 namba nationals not a single seaducer in the top 3 of the .45 mono class hmm! also take a look at this years namba nationals and see whats mostly in the winners circle hmm!
Geeze, easy there big guy. :huh:

The original post did say-

Quote by BIGROY- I have a older .45 mono that is getting close to being done I mean tuned on the water but I was thinking of going bigger.

Some of us did the terrible thing and assumed he was looking for a .60 or larger boat when he said "going bigger"- And I will stand behind my statement that Seaducer has the best boat for the application.

How many .45 Seaducers where entered at the 04 Nat's vs CC's ??

And why does it seem the country is split on what hull performs better, the majority of guys that run Seaducers are eastern US- the majority of guys that run CC's are on the west coast ?? :(

Just asking ;)

Andy

The " Dunk" or "Stuff" that you see a seaducer do is because the boat is loose. It is all most impssible to have people believe that this hull must look like a SLUG if being set up on a lake by itself. If not the results are JUST as you mention. Once in race water the hull LIFTS and GOOOOO'S :D :D :D B)

If you are Sport boating? You will enjoy a High free board sided boat. A/C is a excellent boat also Aeromarine hulls. These boats run looser on the water & allow for easy tuning. If you are racing NITRO?? There is Only the SEADUCER Hulls.............. 20-40-60-90 Classes are owned If a guy shows up @ A RACE with some properly tuned SEADUCERS. IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING GAS? Aeromarine or A/C will work very well & there are many other good working gas hulls. jw

Latest posts

Back