Stinger or strut.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveMarles

Mono racers, whats your preference on .21 to .67 boats, struts or stingers.

Last edited by a moderator:
depens on the placement of the rudder (distance from the transom), but me personally I prefer struts.

Cliff

I use a strut on my .45 Seaducer. Cant say I ever recall seeing a stinger on one of those boats(SEADUCER) that wasnt a gas boat.

But Ive been wrong before-LOL.

I like struts because I think they disrupt the water to the prop less than a stinger.

I like struts because I think they disrupt the water to the prop less than a stinger.
It seems to me most gas boats I see use a stinger instead of a strut, does that not seem to effect them as much as a nitro boat ?

I like the adjustabilty of a stinger , but they seem like they would be a bit long and bulky on a .45 mono for instance ??

Anyone ever run one on a .45 Seaducer ??

I only run 21 mono, John Finch's Wild Thing which he designed with a stinger. Don't know if he and Kently used that set up on the record run. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

use stingers on both my 21 speedmaster and CMB 90 powered

insane mono. love the adjusability. :D

carl

Dave The Strut will always allow you to change running dept & Angle of drive line. This will allow you to set up for different water conditons or diff race sites. Most stinger drives only allow for drive line Angle changes only. No advantage to running a stinger.. I have ran them both on seaducers 45-60-80 Joe w

on both of the stingers i got from speedmaster, they BOTH have DEPTH and ANGULAR ajustability.

carl

both of my stingers (Speedmaster & Top Secret) have depth adjustment and angle.

I only run 21 mono, John Finch's Wild Thing which he designed with a stinger. Don't know if he and Kently used that set up on the record run. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I just ran the stuffing tube out the transom without a stinger or strut. They all work. Just a matter of what you have in the parts drawer.

Stingers are VERY solid. I was able to pick up my 45" hull by the 5" stinger on the transom. BTW, I custom made that stinger from 1/2" plate for a 1/4" drive. Still have it somewhere. I'll probably use it again on my home design twin mono. It put the prop about 5 1/2" off the tramsom........

I've got 2 of the Speedmaster stingers but have used the struts in the past. Nothing wrong with either way. There are a few that I wouldn't use from other manufacturers but the Speedmaster and Top Speed units look fine.

Back