How Fast can they go ? Zenoah Mono Boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardB

A correctly set up insane, lazer, seducer mono boat..

A correctly set up mono boat with a standard or slightly cleaned up and light mod 26 cc. or 23 cc. How fast can the boat go in real mph ? In speed what nitro class would be comaprable to it in the mono division ?

Would the nitro .21 mono boat be faster or slower ?

Richard

Richard,

21 Mono aprox 44 to 55 MPH, 53 MPH is very fast for the size boat.

Gas Monos 44 to 60 MPH,55 MPH is a very good heat race boat.

It will depend on set up and propellers. We have profiled 7016/3's,

2714/4,2814/4,2716/3,X-472,and X-572 and they are all running well.

They each have their own characteristics. Lazer 45,Insane,or Hurricane

are all good choices.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Me again.

If I had my choice of those three, I'd go with the AC Lazer 45. I've never seen a boat so small handle rough water like that one does! It's not too shabby in the calmer stuff either.

The guys Saturday at the Gas Nat's were saying that the "stock" Zen's with cannister mufflers are hitting close to 60 now, almost at the speeds of the tuned pipe motors.

Ron,

Don't get caught up with the BS that some guys think their boats go.

Maybe on the way to the pond in their car or truck.

Most 260 Monos haven't seen 60 MPH any other way.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

Ron,
Don't get caught up with the BS that some guys think their boats go.

Maybe on the way to the pond in their car or truck.

Most 260 Monos haven't seen 60 MPH any other way.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund
I will differ on your opinion. 60+ is quite attainable in heat racing trim....

55mph Gas Mono is for a good stock 260 boat..

Richard,
21 Mono aprox 44 to 55 MPH, 53 MPH is very fast for the size boat.

Gas Monos 44 to 60 MPH,55 MPH is a very good heat race boat.

It will depend on set up and propellers. We have profiled 7016/3's,

2714/4,2814/4,2716/3,X-472,and X-572 and they are all running well.

They each have their own characteristics. Lazer 45,Insane,or Hurricane

are all good choices.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

Brian,

I would like to see one of your 67 MPH mod 260 monos run. Where in fla do you live?

Better yet, what propellers are you guys using to go 67 MPH in a mod mono? 67 MPH

is what it will take to pass a 55 MPH boat in lane one in race water. Curious of your

set up.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

67mph in heat trim? Is that heat trim with only your boat on the water? If you have go 65+mph in heat trim with 4-7 other boats on the water, ill be in orlando just to see that!

My race mono runs 54-55 with X472 in heat trim... but i can do that running lane 1 and stay full bore on the buoys in the rough. Must be fast enough since it has won some heats with faster boats on the water :)

I have only seen one Seaducer run but it left the Lazers sitting in rough water.

60 maybe but definitely not much over.

A F mono would be needed to keep up. Maybe some 60's. I have seen a Seaducer with a CMB 90 in race trim at a race and it was running 70mph.

In OZ,

most gas mono's are running from 50mph to high 50mph, in true race trim in a race,

i had my 80 seaducer clocked at about 68mph in race and i can tell you, it was hard to race it at

those speeds with other boats on the water :rolleyes:

regards Aaron

Ill agree with Aaron and most others , my mod 23 gas mono raced with GPS at 90kph (55MPH) with a 7016/2

even the open gas monos dont run much faster than that on race trim

Andrew

Brian,
I would like to see one of your 67 MPH mod 260 monos run. Where in fla do you live?

Better yet, what propellers are you guys using to go 67 MPH in a mod mono? 67 MPH

is what it will take to pass a 55 MPH boat in lane one in race water. Curious of your

set up.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
You should read a little better, did I not say 60+ Where do you come up with 67 mph to pass a 55mph boat? Proper set up is key and I have given my set up to countless people on the Lazer 45.

Guys,

I run the Insane Gen 1 and the Lazer 45, both are really good boats and both have different driving characteristics. My Insane in heat race trim with the new 3 blade Racers Edge prop from Brent Daily of Propworks West will run 58 MPH all day long in heat race trim and it did every round at the Gas Nats this year. I have not tried the new Racers edge props on my Lazer yet as I only received them in time for the Gas Nats and I only raced my Insane at the Nats. My Lazer has and will run 56 to 57 MPH as it has all year long in heat race trim with the standard propworks west 6717 430 pitch . The way the two boats are set up now they have great acceleration from a very slow speed and will snap right up at the squeeze of the trigger to top speed. I would recommend either of these boats to someone wanting to heat race as they both will get the Job done. I am having a great time with my Insane right now as it is new to me and I am thoroughly enjoying racing it.

I could make the boats faster with a little more pitch, but they would suffer in the corners and would be slow to take off at the start of the race. One of the things I like about these new style props is that they have a bigger hub then the standard Prop Shop Props and accelerate unbelievably fast and do not scrub any speed in the corners. Also they are made in the USA by Brent Daily in Arizona and are top notch. I have never tried to set the boats up loose or put big props on them just to see how fast they would go so I really don't know what top speed would be in those conditions.

If you are interested in these props for heat racing contact Brent at [email protected] .

Carlo... where is your insane balancing out at? Ill have to try that prop out and see what it does on both of my mono's. Any kind of #'s on that prop (dia/pitch)?

Carlo... where is your insane balancing out at? Ill have to try that prop out and see what it does on both of my mono's. Any kind of #'s on that prop (dia/pitch)?
Will,

I will check over the weekend to see exactly where the balancing point is. The prop is a Racers Edge 6717 430 pitch. This is not a Prop Shop prop these are cast By Brent Daily of Propworks West. I have a fortune tied up in Prop Shop props and now these come out, thats racing.

http://www.thepropworkswest.com/index.html

Carlo C.

ah ok cool.. ill have to see whats up. Scott Littler ran a Voodoo 6717 430 on his and ran pretty good. I tried a pitched up 6518/3 and didnt like it at all.. maybe the 6717 will show better results.

Brian,

It will take 12 to 15 MPH to pass another 55 MPH boat that has the inside line.

55 MPH + 12 MPH = 67 MPH, I hope my math is correct Brian.

Good Luck Racing,

Mark Sholund

Rigged,

You don't need to pitch up a 6518/3 for a mono it has a bunch of cup in the blade already.

You have too much cup to let that propeller spin up. Reduce the cup and I think it will run

much better for you. If you have a 7016/3 backcut the trailing edge by 1/3 and try it at 67 mm.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

Carlo, you are one of the few that I missed meeting at the Gas Nat's. With the water conditions there it's a wonder that any boat could run those speeds. Turn 6 was the nastiest part of the course as it made it a drivers race.

Carlo, you are one of the few that I missed meeting at the Gas Nat's. With the water conditions there it's a wonder that any boat could run those speeds. Turn 6 was the nastiest part of the course as it made it a drivers race.
Ron,

I could not agree more. The eight boat heats sure made it tough for everyone. It was the first time I ever raced my Insane mono and it ran great. I will be racing it again next weekend in Mississippi should be fun. Sorry we did not get to talk at the Nats, thats OK always next year.

Latest posts

Back