MONOS ARE DEAD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, I don't know why there is such a lack of information in this forum. I myself are looking for some plans to scratch build as I'm coming back to boating after 10+ yrs. That and setting up a business is why I've ordered an Arrowshark RTR( See previous post). I'm looking for .45 size hull to scratch build also a motor to use. Any suggestions anyone?

Steve, I don't know why there is such a lack of information in this forum. I myself are looking for some plans to scratch build as I'm coming back to boating after 10+ yrs. That and setting up a business is why I've ordered an Arrowshark RTR( See previous post). I'm looking for .45 size hull to scratch build also a motor to use. Any suggestions anyone?
Dont know about scratch build mono's( I run Seaducer ) but you cant go wrong with a CMB or a Mac. Mono's arent dead !!!

I believe 20mono was one of if not the largest classes at the Nats.

Tim K

Have you ever considdered scaling up a .21 boat such as John Finch's Wild Thing for use with a .45 engine? The Wild Thing

is a nice running 21 mono. I have built one, and I have seen others run as well.

No, not dead but maybe Tom or Don can move some mono threads over here to fill the void. This forum is only a few weeks old and I don't know if people have really discovered it yet.

I get to say that I had the first real mono thread in here! :) OK, it's only a stupid little .12 mono but it was the first.

No, not dead but maybe Tom or Don can move some mono threads over here to fill the void. This forum is only a few weeks old and I don't know if people have really discovered it yet.I get to say that I had the first real mono thread in here! :) OK, it's only a stupid little .12 mono but it was the first.
Your right Ron, its been WAY QUIET here so far-

The 20 mono's are growing like rabbits here in D-3 .Before you know it the one day races will have 2 heats, its only a couple of boats from that now. Too bad we cant get the same interest in 40 Mono. The cost is really not THAT much more. LOTS of open mono's in our area also. mainly gas though. The 40 boat is good fun for the money. Just my .02- Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
True andy there is a couple races here in d3 we dont have two heats of 20 monos every time i turn around someone else is building one i love them fun to run and fast. Robert

Drew, you may want to talk to Tony Jacuzzi as he brought the "D" mono class back form near extinction to possibly the most exciting class in IMPBA D-2. Having a points series helped out immensely.

It's never seemed to be a problem anywhere that I know of to put a "B" mono class together.

Ron

I think you need to look at the web site! D2 Web Site

the series has:

20 mono 6

40 mono 4

LS27 mono 16

The Nitro mono classes have not done real well this year.

I hope they make a come back next year!

Kevin Sheren

D2 Director

National Gas Director

Hi every one this is Jimmy with twincraft boats.com

Monos are not dead here !!

but twincraft boats. is trying to make a come back after i had a devorce. the ex hurt the company bad. and a few coustomers. I know one that i owe a boat to. as i found out it never got to him instead it went to the dump i found out. sorry to that coustomer. it was a red a white boat. will try to make it right when i find the address and get a boat made. as no boats have been made for a year or better now. i been trying to get out of debit thanks to the ex. and have not had a place to make boats. the web site will be updated as i can get the site redone.

sincerly Jimmy

Drew, you may want to talk to Tony Jacuzzi as he brought the "D" mono class back form near extinction to possibly the most exciting class in IMPBA D-2. Having a points series helped out immensely.It's never seemed to be a problem anywhere that I know of to put a "B" mono class together.

Dont take that the wrong way. The 2 day dist races draw 7-9 boats no problem(For B-Mono)- Its the one day series we run that is only 3-5 boat heats . The 20's are popping up left and right. Mostly newer boaters to the clubs-all good- Just dont understand why more arent making the jump to 40 mono affter running 20 mono ? There is not that much cost differance really when using competative equiptment. Usually after a guy/girl cuts their teeth in the 20 mono- the next step is elsewere , not the next motor size up for the same style hull. 20 to 40 Mono. By the way Im talking B-Mono in Namba/.45 -7.5 motors.

By the way sorry to hear about your problems at twincraft-

Lets stir the pot a bit- could it be the reason for less involvement in some of these classes is due to the fact that for nitro there is really only one hull MFG thats is a truely competative boat ?? Lets face it , how many different brand 40 mono's run at your club??

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem the past few years is that I've had surgeries at the wrong times of the years. My Microburst .45 hasn't even been fired up in 3 years and my .21 Speedmaster has only been out a few times. Driving to the other side of the state isn't cheap either to attend races.

In D-2, a lot of brands have been represented from vintage Twincraft's to Seaducer's plus a variety of powerplants.

My problem the past few years is that I've had surgeries at the wrong times of the years. My Microburst .45 hasn't even been fired up in 3 years and my .21 Speedmaster has only been out a few times. Driving to the other side of the state isn't cheap either to attend races.In D-2, a lot of brands have been represented from vintage Twincraft's to Seaducer's plus a variety of powerplants.

I for one would love to see some different hulls running in B-Mono just to mix it up some. Pretty much here in Namba D-3 , the ONLY thing you see running are Seaducers- Dont get me wrong, I LOVE mine, but it would be cool to be racing against 2 or 3 other brand hulls also. It starts to get like IROC, without the budget limits-LOL.

Drew, you may want to talk to Tony Jacuzzi as he brought the "D" mono class back form near extinction to possibly the most exciting class in IMPBA D-2. Having a points series helped out immensely.It's never seemed to be a problem anywhere that I know of to put a "B" mono class together.

Dont take that the wrong way. The 2 day dist races draw 7-9 boats no problem(For B-Mono)- Its the one day series we run that is only 3-5 boat heats . The 20's are popping up left and right. Mostly newer boaters to the clubs-all good- Just dont understand why more arent making the jump to 40 mono affter running 20 mono ? There is not that much cost differance really when using competative equiptment. Usually after a guy/girl cuts their teeth in the 20 mono- the next step is elsewere , not the next motor size up for the same style hull. 20 to 40 Mono. By the way Im talking B-Mono in Namba/.45 -7.5 motors.

By the way sorry to hear about your problems at twincraft-

Lets stir the pot a bit- could it be the reason for less involvement in some of these classes is due to the fact that for nitro there is really only one hull MFG thats is a truely competative boat ?? Lets face it , how many different brand 40 mono's run at your club??
Don't worry .... we will be running a 40 soon.... :rolleyes:

Monos are far from dead in florida alot of nitro and gas boats Robert
SEADUCER Owns the MONO Business....... have for the last 9 years..... You either own One, are you are following one..... If your not the lead dog (SEADUCER) the scenery never changes.... :blink: if your racing? Only One Choice, If your sport boating? many like the Hulls with a higher freeboard side.

RonI think you need to look at the web site! D2 Web Site

the series has:

20 mono 6

40 mono 4

LS27 mono 16

Kevin Sheren

D2 Director

National Gas Director
Kevin,

I have a brand new .40 mono (Seaducer) here ready to race. Are they running at the Warren race on the 12th? Let me know...

Ron

Seaducer makes a fine boat, But first at the namba nats was Justin Hill with a Cal-Craft and second was myself with a Cal-Craft in B mono and believe me we had to run hard to do it. What were we running against? Mostly Seaducers. Greg

RonI think you need to look at the web site! D2 Web Site

the series has:

20 mono 6

40 mono 4

LS27 mono 16

Kevin Sheren

D2 Director

National Gas Director
Kevin,

I have a brand new .40 mono (Seaducer) here ready to race. Are they running at the Warren race on the 12th? Let me know...

Ron

Ron,

There is no 40 mono class offered at on the 12th. Here is a link to the flyer.

Transom Twisters Flyer

Kevin

Latest posts

Back