• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 1/8" props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenLilly

Looking for Octura 1/8" shaft, sharpened and balanced props for a little RTR electric mono project. These all seem to be in the size/pitch range I "think" should work best. Does anyone know the difference in the P and X series and others I have posted?

P735

X632

X435

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephen,

You have a lot of different pitch ratios there.

1,4, 1.6, 1.7, and 1.9. The 1.9 is going to be a lot

of propeller pitch for your model. Octura made the P-series awhile

ago mainly for electric models that needed more pitch. A 1.7 pitch ratio.

The Y-series is another good choice in Octura propellers like the

Y-535 or the Y-537/3. The Y-series is a 1.5 pitch ratio series.

You may want to look into ABC Propellers .125” series propelllers?

Jim makes:

1314-15-60/3

1414-15-60/3

Both are three blades with 15 degree rake and 60% blade areas.

And now the 1400 series in two bladed designs with 19 degree rake

and 38% blade areas. We run the 1400 series on our 12-Hydros now

with a lot of success in heat racing conditions. They finish at 35.6 mm

1415-19-38%

1417-19-38%

1419-19-38%

These should give you plenty of choices for your set up.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Thank you Mark, your always very helpful! I've bought a few props from you for my nitro rigger, wasn't sure of your knowledge in electric setups. I was told by another boater in a forum that someone had setup up the same boat I have (Volantex Vector 70 ABS mono hull 27"x7") and that they were getting good speed with a setup as follows: sss 3660-2070kv brushless motor, 4s Lipo battery, 90amp Seaking ESC and a x442 prop. The problem with this is the x442 is a 3/16 prop and I need 1/8, so I was trying my best to get the specs as close to that as possible. Mark, could you narrow it down to which prop may work best with this information? Or since you are so knowledgable, tell me that the x442 would not be the best option to begin with....

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephen,

We are racing today down in Flint, Michigan.

I will get back with you early this week. There

are a lot of options out there.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Ok, thanks. I've been doing some research so I have a little more comprehension on what a new boater can start to understand. I still will need to lean on you to solidify my thoughts and steer me towards the best selection. I have your number, I may call you if you wouldnt mind maybe tomorrow mid day or so. You can tell me about all the trophies you won today!!!!!

Back