London Ontario Pond

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hallam

For those of you who attended the races in London, you will appreciate what it used to look like and what it looks like now. Pictures are from a week ago. I was out there today and the pond is bone dry. It was hard to stand out there and imagine the number of races that were held there for 30 years. I found a couple of good used boats if anyone is interested!! LOL

London Pond2018 001.JPG

London Pond2018 005.JPG

London Pond2018 007.JPG

London Pond2018 009.JPG

PondDrain2018 001.JPG

PondDrain2018 002.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
We lost the pond 6 years ago due to development plans. If has taken this long to get thru all the red tape and entice retailers who want to be there. Costco and Ikea are the only retailers that I am aware of that plan to build on the 63 acres and they will open next year. I believe the pond will be filled and it will become a parking lot. Very unfortunate that we lost a prime racing site.

Oh they paved paradise and they put up a parking lot.
default_sad.png
Bummer

That is a very sad sight indeed, London and the TVMBC was how my sons and I started in this hobby, so many good memories .

last weekend I went past the Elmira race site next to the airport , half to two thirds of the pond is filled in , very sad ....bob

Hardly believe lake site lost so will find lost props , pipes and wreck boats dry land ?
default_huh.png

Was one of our favorite race sites. Beautiful blue water and perfect size for racing. So sad it is gone now.

Spent a lot of years out there, running and testing, just 20 minutes from home. Real shame London is in such a rush to cover everything with ashphalt. In the words of a past London mayor, "undervalued farm land", the tax base for ashphalt must higher then for crops. Mike always did an amazing job keeping the pond race ready.

3 races/year at one point. My son austin ran his mono for the first time in london. Front stretch was long and straight.

dean

I was going to post the same topic. We were driving home from Michigan on the weekend and was saddened to see the London Pond was completely drained!

Had a lot of great races there and this was the pond we raced our first race.

Truly a big shame....

Back