Jims

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob williams

Anybody having problems getting on jims. Keeps telling me it's doing a backup to give it 24 hrs that was Monday

This has happened a few years back or maybe not that long ago. They were down for probably a few week if I remember correctly. It might have been less than I mentioned but either way it took a while to get things panned out.

It was back for a few days. They were trying to go to a new server again. Looks like it started again sometime last night saying updating. Should be back soon though.

Same here its been down for about 1 week for me,its happened a few times over the years,its a bugger really because you put all your details in again to re- register ,then the site crashes again .Jim's seems to be popular with scammers for some reason.

From Jim's

Sorry, the JRCBD board is unavailable at the moment while we backup and upgrade the system. This is necessary as we move the site to a new server and provider.

Update: 7/22/17 at 2:15PM

Good news is that the network configuration for the new server appears to have worked. I potentially could enable the system now but I risk corrupting the main database. I will wait till we can properly change the forum software on Monday and then I will enable the system. In the mean time take the weekend off and go out and enjoy some RC Boating. Jim N.

Update

Update 7/28/17 at 8PM

Had lots of unforseen troubles. First ran into DNS issues that resulted in the site not being able to be connected to from the www! That was not cool. Eventaully resolved that problem and now I am fighting the upgrade script that was applied to the site to take it to the last supported level of the forum software. I think I have the site upgraded properly but I am having issues with the site properly showing up now. I am working with the vbulletin staff to resolve this last issue. Hopefully will enable the systm this weekend. Jim N.

Back