Sullivan Alum. Fuel Stoppers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Cathey

Supporting Member
Noticed some stuff in my crap trap filter and found that it was the stopper material that Sullivan claims is "Multi-Fuel" in the aluminum fuel stopper kit It came apart when exposed to high nitro fuel (I use 60%). Maybe it works for 10% airplane fuel but from now on I will only go with the white stopper material. The "Multi-Fuel"ones in my main tank and sump were dissolving and coming apart in chunks.

I've been working with Kevin at Sullivan for a year testing them, and the bottom line is if the black multi fuel stopper has "SUL" letters on the top of the stopper it should work up to 50% nitro and gas. They have failed with all nitro over 50%, i tested 4 brands.

Please take note that Sullivan released some aluminum cap kits and single packaged stoppers labeled as multi fuel stoppers that dont have the "SUL" on the top of the stopper, these are mis packaged or a first generation multi and will not work with nitro all all.

I still run the white stoppers for nitro, 65%, if you call Sullivan, they will sell just the stoppers to you, I think there like .75 cents a piece. This way you dont have to buy the kits with the plastic caps and brass tubes & crap that everyone throws away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up Pat I run 50% and have not had problems with the white stoppers.

Mike,

66% percent ate my stoppers up as well, had walt build me all new stainless tanks no worries anymore.

Beau

Never had an issue with the white ones. Sullivan could just charge another 75 cents and include one with the stopper kit and I wouldn't care. I mean it costs 75 cents in this hobby to sneeze. That's one of the points I made to the Sullivan people. When you look at the costs of racing (equipment, traveling expenses, fuel, entry fees, insurance, ect) and time devoted in building and preparing your stuff to be knocked out of a race by failures such as these is pretty maddening. These races are **** hard to win as it is.

Latest posts

Back