Cooper Pipe With 2 Stingers Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Costanzo

would like to know if anyone has cut of the duel stinger can off and used a external muffler? i have ran it stock and it was OK,but i think it would be a much better pipe without all that back pressure.

would like to know if anyone has cut of the duel stinger can off and used a external muffler? i have ran it stock and it was OK,but i think it would be a much better pipe without all that back pressure.
Which dual stinger pipe are you working with? Is it the 67/80 pipe that has the angled muffling section?

Michael, I designed the dual stinger pipes to be very quiet and to have less back pressure than the single outlet pipes, not sure why you would cut the 270 degree deflection chamber off to replace with a noisy can muffler?????

moby dickk

Which dual stinger pipe are you working with? Is it the 67/80 pipe that has the angled muffling section?
hi don,yes it has the angled back. i was told it was a 80/90 pipe,so i guess i was told wrong. i tried it an a 90 vac and it was ok. i have way too much time on my hands.

Michael, I designed the dual stinger pipes to be very quiet and to have less back pressure than the single outlet pipes, not sure why you would cut the 270 degree deflection chamber off to replace with a noisy can muffler?????

moby dickk
i have only used this pipe a few times and spoke to a guy that said he was not concerned about being louder and gained more performance by taking of the stock 2 outlet can.from my 35+ years of running nitro engine's a quiet restrictive pipe with lots of back pressure will never go faster that a free flowing pipe.i have opened up the outlets to a much larger size(.470) but have not tried it yet.

I use the pipe on my sport 40 and 80 cat and get great performance from both and they are untouched. The most important thing is how quiet they are. Nobody can believe it. I love them. Tom Galdys

hi don,yes it has the angled back. i was told it was a 80/90 pipe,so i guess i was told wrong. i tried it an a 90 vac and it was ok. i have way too much time on my hands.
That pipe works extremely well on 67s and 80s, might be a good one on the VAC91. I wouldn't cut the can off, there is not as much back pressure on that pipe as you think. Spend more time with setting the length right until you hit the sweet spot.

i have twocooper 60-100 hp pipes if anyone interested text me at 985-373-6416

Last edited by a moderator:
That pipe works extremely well on 67s and 80s, might be a good one on the VAC91. I wouldn't cut the can off, there is not as much back pressure on that pipe as you think. Spend more time with setting the length right until you hit the sweet spot.
hey don,was thinking about trying it on a 1/8 scale(only .67 boat i have and 1 .80 boat). i will give it another shot on the .91 VAC.the most fun i have with the whole hobby is trying different pipes and props to see and learn what does what.

I use the pipe on my sport 40 and 80 cat and get great performance from both and they are untouched. The most important thing is how quiet they are. Nobody can believe it. I love them. Tom Galdys
hi tom,what motor do you run that pipe on in sport .40?? thanks,mike.

It run a k45 in a Mono with the twin outlet cooper pipe and it's the best pipe I've tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It run a k45 in a Mono with the twin outlet cooper pipe and it's the best pipe I've tried.

hi tom and steve,i never even thought about trying it on a .45 motor because i thought it is such a large volume pipe it would never work.thank you all for the replies,mike.

The cooper pipes work excellent in Monos. 45 was great pipe. But got smokin hot

They are horrible in hydros

The 67 angled pipe works good in a scale boat. It must be run longer than usual

Latest posts

Back