Old style picco 90 questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulHail

I know there were a few variants of the old style Picco 90's. Some with one piece crankcase, some with two piece. Some of the cranks had screwed on counter weights, some without.

In regards to the pistons/sleeves and con rods, are they common between the variants or not?

Nothing is the same. Even some of them with the same outside casting were completely different inside from one another.

Finding parts for any of the versions will be difficult. The Picco Hydro 90 had the small two piece case. It was the most popular and you would have the best chance of finding those engines and parts. You will want the aluminum rod version with RPM rod (not stock rod). And not the steel rod version.

Thanks Andy,

I've got one of the one piece case engines with the disc rotor and carb with a spigot attachment that I've replaced the steel rod with an RPM rod. I'm keeping my eyes out for spares and wanted to have an idea on what parts are compatible.

Latest posts

Back