Backlash Gen 3 engine choice

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Bastick

Hi guys,

just wanted some opinions on whether the CMB 27cc Alpha would work ok in a Backlash, or are they best suited to the lighter weight zenoah style engines, the CMB is 400g heavier, but with more power, the reason i ask, is I have a mod zenoah and CMB 27 alpha engine sitting around

thanks in advance

put your mod Zenoah into it, the engine mount rails are pre drilled to suit standard Gizmo mounts and cowl/hull are suited to side exhaust style motors.

What do you want to do with the boat? Race it in a specific class, or just playing around?

Just play around, was hoping the CMB would make it really scream, but as mentioned in my opening post, if it is better suited to the zenoah style of engine, i would go that way,

Shane if you want a huge increase in power with close to Zen weight, consider the SRI Pioneer. These are the motors that have amazing response from off idle to 20K+. They are also the motors that Wally is using to push his cats to over 100 MPH.

You can have us supply a fully modified Pioneer, or buy your own, and send it to us. Our customers have found they need to re-adjust their set-ups and get bigger props ... and they seem to have a permanent smile on their faces LOL.

Just another good option to keep in mind.

SRI Motorsports

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Dennis,

at this stage i just want to pic an engine from what I have, rather than spend more $$$,

Back