House of Kolor paint questions.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told, by a local auto body supply source, that I need to put a white base-coat under the orange on my Elam. The color white and manufacturer didn't seem to matter. The word on clear was it's best to use HOK as some clears may not be compatible and, if not, to bad so sad

I used ppg and sikkens over house of kolors neons , candies and pearls . Even use valspar clear .

I was told, by a local auto body supply source, that I need to put a white base-coat under the orange on my Elam. The color white and manufacturer didn't seem to matter. The word on clear was it's best to use HOK as some clears may not be compatible and, if not, to bad so sad
Mark I prefer to shoot a white base (PPG DP48LF epoxy primer) regardless of type of color coat as dark primers can influence shading of light color top coats requiring more paint (more weight). I have shot PPG 2021 clear over HOK products with excellent results.
default_smile.png

Don, didn't say it won't work, just was cautioned that not all clears are compatible. The word I was given was that if you do use a clear that isn't compatible, HOK won't be responsible if there is a problem and it's related to clear that was used. Since I don't claim to be a paint expert, I'll leave it at that.

Don, didn't say it won't work, just was cautioned that not all clears are compatible. The word I was given was that if you do use a clear that isn't compatible, HOK won't be responsible if there is a problem and it's related to clear that was used. Since I don't claim to be a paint expert, I'll leave it at that.
Just lettin' ya know there are other options that work well over HOK colors.
default_wink.png

I use Dupont select clear 496-00 and select activator 483-79 with HOK. You will want to youse a sealer with value shade 1 and then shoot the white. Mask and then shoot the neon orange then decal and clear. That's how I did my Elan. Check out my pic.

HOK make a high hiding white that works great for a base coat for the colour your going to use.

Back