"Winston Eagle Lobster" Boat and Cowl Project !

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 21992

UPDATE : Well it's been sometime, and making a lot of headway on the "Lobster Project" !!!! The "Lobster" scheme lay-out took more time to do than anticipated and the decals didn't make the Project any easier. Many of you know what that's all about, but the end is near. Waiting for paint booth time to open up for me at a friends body shop and the clear will go on, hopefully by the weeks-end. Also finished the vacuum box for the windshield. Enjoy the pics, "Happy Racing".

New Update : Finally pick the "Lobster" from My buddies paint shop Saturday !!!! The first thing I wanted to do is weigh the hull completely assembled to see where it was at, complete empty hull came in at 15 1/4 lbs on two different scales at the same weight , hopefully that's not to bad !! I'm thingken complete ready to run should come in at 24-25 lbs. Started on the engine and hardware installation and made the up-right stabs and wing stabilizer rods. Also made the rubber lined metal bands for the turbine tube and that's looking petty good. I did give up on the Vacuum Box for the windshield for now and will deal with that later. In the mean-time I have an old customer of mine from days past ( Pro Glass ) and volunteered to pull out of that jam. Here are some pics of it simi assemble, THANKS and HAPPY RACING !!!!!

2017-04-02 18.51.26.jpg

1491177057196.jpg

1491177076847.jpg

1491177106622.jpg

1491177123029.jpg

1491177139458.jpg

1491177158147.jpg

1491177274153.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
John, I would love some very good pics of this boat when finished for my website. Outstanding work! Mike

Thanks you all for the comment, It's been a long time working on the "Lobster" but the end is now near. The clear got squired on yesterday and can't wait to get it home. Next step is to paint the inside center hull bays with a little semi-gloss black and start assembly. Also ordered a couple of props that should be here next week --- 6518 /3 --- 6717 /3 and a 7016 /3 --- surely one of them should work. Like to have some input on prop selection and suggestions. Thank you all, AND HAPPY RACING "COMING SOON" !!!!

Looks Good John. I cant wait to see it run.
default_smile.png

I have seen the Lobster in person today and it looks incredible. Gas Scale is going to be an interesting class in District 4 in the near future. With all the engineering you have put into John it should be a fantastic boat. Nice Boat

Latest posts

Back