New rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Ellison

I thought I would build a new version of a boat I tested in the 90's. Same rigger I currently build except the rear sponsons are part of the fronts. Henry Velasco is running my current rigger with great speed(low 80's with a 26 and high 80's with a big block) in heat race trim, so thought I would try to improve the cornering some more.

20170211_115851.jpg

20170211_120623.jpg

20170306_163612.jpg

20170306_163701.jpg

20170306_163901.jpg

20170306_163629.jpg

20170306_163735.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the 90' there was a guy in Sweden ( Anders Ydergaard) who build a 21 rigger like your idea .

I should involve Niklas Edlund ...... he knows more about this type of rigger and how it performed.

Alex

Back in the 90' there was a guy in Sweden ( Anders Ydergaard) who build a 21 rigger like your idea .

I should involve Niklas Edlund ...... he knows more about this type of rigger and how it performed.

Alex
Here is the one I built in the 90's with a 23 peanut engine.

002.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

003.JPG

Alex
Here is the one I built in the 90's with a 23 peanut engine.
Nice !!!!!!!!

Anders Ydergaard built this kind of boat for rough water ( well that's what he told me in 1988).

He used instead of 1 long sponson , 2 regular ones (a smaller one in the rear) and attached it with aluminum booms.

Let me dig in my photo box maybe i will find a picture.

Alex

Are you going to build more?
If someone wanted one I could build one. I typically only build per order but built this one for myself but someone wanted it so it sold. I usually have something on the table at all times.

How about a boat line the one in the pictures, ready for a Quickdraw Pioneer 30.5 engine. I make my own running gear.

How about a boat line the one in the pictures, ready for a Quickdraw Pioneer 30.5 engine. I make my own running gear.
Built the one with long sponsons for myself one of a kind. The boat I normally build is $550

Dan,

I have been thinking of trying this setup on a twin rigger I have. The boat sits really wet when it stops in the water and so the radio box is under water when the boat is at rest. I was going to add the sponson setup like you have just to keep the rear of the boat lifted more out of the water. Seeing you made this work may inspire me to do this. I was also thinking of extending the sponsons past the transom to add length to the boat because it has a short afterplane. Have you tried extending the sponsons past the transom?

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

John

Dan,

I have been thinking of trying this setup on a twin rigger I have. The boat sits really wet when it stops in the water and so the radio box is under water when the boat is at rest. I was going to add the sponson setup like you have just to keep the rear of the boat lifted more out of the water. Seeing you made this work may inspire me to do this. I was also thinking of extending the sponsons past the transom to add length to the boat because it has a short afterplane. Have you tried extending the sponsons past the transom?

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

John
The sponsons are actually extended about an inch, Yes, they do add more flotation

Latest posts

Back