SS JAE GAS RIGGER

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tap a hole in the lower part of the engine case and on top of the carb there is a boss with a hole it you drill & tap that hole it the same port in the carb and then hook up the line and you are done

No I used a exhaust flange and a wrap to center header to make this intake the exhaust port and intake port are identical I just had to put new bolt holes in the adapter this set up really makes a big improvement the fuel and air atomize better iam a old drag car junkie and nothing work better than putting the carb on a high rise intake or a tunnel ram intake

this is odd,because on a 2 stroke (especially these piston ports) u need max case vacuum and most,including myself, use shorter billet insulators to get performance. but i guess it depends on what ur aiming for. is it faster (mph) or just faster take-off?

curious. a vid even of the old one would help.[even if the vid just shows idle and throttle response] not criticizing just thinking with the metal i take out of my engines that setup wouldnt even pull fuel for me even with the full circle crank

I made the first one about 2004 I don't have a video but I can tell you it cranks up and runs normal it helped with pulling a bigger prop because you could put more fuel to the motor because the fuel atomize

Better .the reason your carb is where it is now is because it was a weed eater motor it was never design to be a racing motor in all types of racing engines moving the carb away from the motor always helps in fuel delivery and taking metal out of the crank case on a two stroke motor is kind of odd because you want it to make compression in the crank case to blow your fuel charge to the top of the motor as fast as possible by taking metal out you are lowering your compression in the crank case that's why you don't have any fuel draw we made nylon piston plugs that went inside the piston on top of the rod to raise compression in the bottom end because you want just as much compression in the bottom you do the top that's what make a 2 stroke run and make power

Stuffing crankcase is basically reducing the volume of crankcase in 2 stroke engines to improve compression ration & enhance performance.

Stuffing is usually achieved by weld filling existing holes, empty corner spaces inside crankcase.

Once the crank case has been stuffed, it's volume reduces.

Now, as the piston starts its descent from topmost point, the pressure increases inside the crankcase. Since the crankcase is stuffed, pressure developed will be higher than normal case (as volume and pressure are inversely related).

Due to this additional pressure, intake air is transferred to cylinder head (through transfer ports) more efficiently and with more speed. This improves Scavenging and increases fuel efficiency.

Additionally, due to additional pressure in crankcase more air is sucked in through inlet port. This is because, the outside of inlet port is always at atmospheric pressure. Therefore, higher case pressure creates higher pressure differential, consequently sucking in more air.

More air intake coupled with better scavenging enhances engine performance

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a mate play around year's ago with racing buggies for desert racing here in OZ with Mazda rotary engines and i remember him saying that lengthening the intake runners on those engines improved torque over revs! Being an old drag racer you may also remember the trick of running fly wire (like screen door mesh!) near the intake flange to help atomization of fuel air mix! But thats real old school stuff! That was back when i had to wake up at 3am to fire up the boiler on the steam engine

Yes I do remember and Mr gasket and moroso made in take gaskets for racing motors with that screen made into the gasket yeah this set up really helps the torque in the higher rpms and in the corners thanks for looking

When you finish it and run it! Let us know how she goes! I'd like to be kept informed as the hang out the side carbs on some gas boats adds a lumpy bit! And keeping the carb inside the tub is interesting! If your a old Drag racer try a sneaky pete NO2 fogger in the inlet a squirt of N02 gas in a rc gas boat would be interesting if it would work??

Back