best way to keep your radio box dry

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackool

I cut small pieces from a disposable diaper and put it places where it would not hamper servo throw when

it gels and expands ;)

In the old International Waters site there was a suggestion to use tampons in your radio box but that sounded kind of embarassing to me. Grimracer has some very nice thin sponges available that I put in my Microburst. They take up very little space and probably absorb some vibration too.

I'm not sure I understand the question but I like to keep the water on the outside of the radio box not absorb it on the inside. I use tape on the lid, speedmaster seals for pushrod an atenna tube, fill the tubes on flex cables with grease. Leak test it in the bathtub fix any leaks and leak test again. If it will stay dry submersed it the bathtub it will stay pretty dry running at the pond.

Mike

Offcause MikeP has a good point.

And I try to do the same, but as insurence I like to throw in a couple of tampons.

I have found a water absorbant mineral(salt). this I put in a small package made of a stocking.

This absorbs any water vapor in the box-air.

Morten

most water proof seals are the ones gary preusse sells... but they are kinda of a pain to setup!

i always wrap my reciever + battery in a paper towel and put it in a bag... it helps with vibration and will absorb some water... but you'd be suprised how easily it gets past the bag.

I have found that after some time in the water, water always gets in there. I put a few paper towels in a corner. and use good radio box tape. and pack the seals with grease. also the more things you have coming out of the box the better chance you have of water getting in. on some of my boats, I don't have a switch coming out of the box

Ruben

Latest posts

Back