auto fuel pump for IV bag

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmazor

I like to share some info. Usually is a problem to remove air completely from IV bag. I found the 12 Volt auto fuel pump (~$13) can be used to remove air from IV bag completely in a less than 30 sec. Boris

IV bag with air.jpg

IV BAG empty!.jpg

I just put the boat nose down and push the air out while still connected to my hand pump. I'll also get as much air out of the pump line before filling the bag.

With auto fuel pump you can live boat on stand. This pump will transfer air as well as fuel. Boris

Those are electronic solenoid type fuel pumps so it cannot be electrically reversed.

It is completely worthless as you would need to reverse it to fuel the bag. I doubt anyone would want one pump to remove air and another to fuel it.

You would need a menagerie of valves to reverse it or pull the hoses and switch them neither a very good setup.

When the bag is half full of gas it isn't a big deal to get the air out of the bag when the pump you use is reversible.

Maybe two of them with check valves properly located you could have one for suction and one for fueling.

Again a useless setup when there are dozens of the proper type of fuel pumps available that can be reversed electrically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are electronic solenoid type fuel pumps so it cannot be electrically reversed.

It is completely worthless as you would need to reverse it to fuel the bag. I doubt anyone would want one pump to remove air and another to fuel it.

You would need a menagerie of valves to reverse it or pull the hoses and switch them neither a very good setup.

When the bag is half full of gas it isn't a big deal to get the air out of the bag when the pump you use is reversible.

Maybe two of them with check valves properly located you could have one for suction and one for fueling.

Again a useless setup when there are dozens of the proper type of fuel pumps available that can be reversed electrically.
Thanks! I did not ask any advise. This post info only. Boris

default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
The main my rule - do not advise if not asked and be responsible for own advise! If somebody came up with better solution (in any area) I will be glad to honor it. Boris

Boris, that is the "OLD SCHOOL" rule
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Most people do not remember it or they have never heard of it......I just thought that your answer was funny.

Charles

That is funny it was very nice advice when I told you this already.

Boris,
Since it is a electronic solenoid type fuel pump it cannot be electrically reversed.

It is completely worthless as you would need to reverse it to fuel the bag. I doubt anyone would want one pump to remove air and another to fuel it.You would need a menagerie of valves to reverse it or pull the hoses and switch them neither a very good setup.

I do when they are new flush them out with a lot of water then hook them to a a/c vacuum pump to boil the water out. I doubt it would pull enough volume or suction to use for that but about the only time I can think you might need to pump down a fuel bag with a single direction pump.

Very nice advise! It is easy to hook suction side to bag, then invent something else. Boris

Boris,

When you or anyone suggest something that doesn't tell the whole story I really don't need your or their approval to point that out.

For you to even post the idea again here after I had already informed you when you posted it on the dock of the issue with that type of pump without passing along the key point that IT CANNOT BE REVERSED is just whacked. WHY ?

Is it wrong for me to inform people it is a one directional pump?

The post wasn't meant for you it was to inform others before they think you have actually found something useful and run out and buy it only to find out they threw their money down the drain when they realize it cannot be reversed.

You do not even get the concept of how a fuel bag is purged of air (and only air not all the fuel that is in it) then the pump is reversed and the bag is fueled and then maybe one more brief pull to get every bit of air and fuel vapor out if there happens to be some introduced again while fueling.

So to purge the air and refuel a gas bag anybody with any common sense at all would realize the pump would need to be reversible.

So again tell me what exactly one would do with a pump that can't be reversed ? You going to pump the air out with your one way electric pump then fuel it with another.

All you would end up with was air and fuel vapor in it just like you started with and have to reverse the pump at the end of fueling and pull it out anyhow.

I didn't see anyone ask your advise but since you have given it try following your rule and take some responsibility. Like maybe simply stating it is a one directional pump so people can make educated decision if it would be of any use to them.

Who was there to HELP YOU figure out your starter switch burning up issue and suggested you simply put a starter relay to do the switching and use the momentary switch in the handle to trigger the relay.

I have bent over backwards to help you many times and all I get is your arrogant attitude.

Boris,

In your favor I thought of a perfect use for the one way directional pump.

There are a few that use and like the hard tanks. They are of course vented and you don't need to reverse the pump for any real reason.

Perfect use for your pump you were showing. But for gas bags man I am sorry but the pump needs to be electrically reversible. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time only to share info about the electronic pumps you were referring to that not everyone would realize until they got it.

"I have bent over backwards to help you many times and all I get is your arrogant attitude."

"I wasn't trying to give you a hard time." Really???

You should maybe go back and read your entire post one more time.

Back