Turbine Tube Fabrication

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike McKnight

Just curious if there would be any interest is seeing how to fabricate a Carbon fiber or Glass turbine tube? Reason I ask I have been asked how I made mine for my Circus and other boats over the years. I am getting ready to make one again for a project I plan to finish this winter. Yes another Circus. When I do this one I will make a video of it since the last time I tried to explain it over the phone it didn't go well. The tube I'll be doing will be for an 80's turbine boat but you can modify the procedure for others. If you would be interested in a video just post here. Thanks

Absolutely Mike, any How To's for our hobby are always welcome.
default_cool.png

Ok guys thanks! I will shoot it here in a few weeks maybe. I will tell you in advance I didn't come up with this idea for this process. I learned from someone else I just wanna pass the knowledge along with some tweaks I made. Maybe you can add something to to it for your own needs.

I just got my garage cleared out and summer stuff put away. I am going to set it up very soon. I have 2 part of the same project I am going to be working on. One boat needs a turbine tube which is why I was going to do this video. That boat also needs a cowl and airscoop and cockpit. I may do a video of the molding process of the plugs but that is a little ways off in November maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my garage cleared out and summer stuff put away. I am going to set it up very soon. I have 2 part of the same project I am going to be working on. One boat needs a turbine tube which is why I was going to do this video. That boat also needs a cowl and airscoop and cockpit. I may do a video of the molding process of the plugs but that is a little ways off in November maybe.
KQQL

I may try something new. I may do this with an iPad. I've been using an iPad for video for sideline video for football this year and they seen to work well. I have a tripod mount for it and it works well. Just got some new resin and hardener so I'll start setting it up.

Ok guys I have all the materials I need to shoot this. Had to do a couple of things like order some new West Systems and pumps and a few other things. What I had on hand was a bit old. Been a couple years since I've done some fabricating so I wanted some fresh resin. Plus I had to get some business deadlines out of the way and free up some hard drive space so I can edit this.

I used this,took it to a local metal guy and he rolled it in less than a minute

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way guys this is an example of what the video will cover making.

This one was one of if not the first one i ever made and it is actually a reject. One because I made it a little to big in diameter and it has an ooops cut from the Dremel. Learned a few things and improved on them after this. But this gives you an idea of how you can fabricate your own parts.

Back