ML Boatworks GP Series is coming back, but all brand new..The Special Edition Series

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Hey everyone, well, last year I decided to retire the GP Version 2 series and let the GSX Version 2 series take over alone. After seeing how people always like the GP series design, I decided to bring it back, but will all the good stuff that the GSX Version 2 series has.

The New GP Special Edition series is starting out with a GP310 31" hull, and if the reception is good, I will move into the other sizes that the older GP lineup had.

The changes and updates:

1) The new SE has the Truss System Technology of the GSX series, allowing for more battery room, and built in 4" engine/ motor rails.
2)The sponsons have been completely redone on the bottom, with a full shingled ride surface.
3) The interior framing of the sponson now allows for the same dowel rod mounting setup that the GSX uses which forces the sponsons to be completely square to the center section...you cannot mount the sponson at any angle other than 90 degrees to the center section.
4)The sponson shear is now double thick at 1/4" and allows for the builder to add the curved outside sponson edge like the GSX, which has added blow off reduction benefits.
5) The nosing of the center section is now a solid wood half round like the GSX series..no more stacking plywood and having to sand it to shape!
6) And finally, like the GSX series, there are two versions of the center section..One for FE and one for Nitro. Only one cowling is now available, and that is the turbine style cowling.

From the outside, it has the same great looks, but the interior and bottom tell the story. This thread is ment to be a discussion thread, and as soon as I can get a kit in, there will be a build thread here. The kits are available on the website for anyone that has interest now. I will update this as soon as progress begins! Enjoy, Mike www.mlboatworksrc.com

GP310SE3d-6-X2.jpg

GP310SE3d-5-X2.jpg

GP310SE3d-4-X2.jpg

GP310SE3d-3-X2.jpg

GP310SE3d-2-X2.jpg

GP310SE3d-1-X2.jpg

Here is a pic of the Version 2 GP310. The Special Edition will sport the same great looks, but with a rounded sponson shear:

20140617_185130_zps593921c2-XL.jpg

Back