June Fun Run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkScott

Hey all, it's time again for the June vacation trip home.. B) Anyone up for a Fun Run?? :D Know we are :p

Here's the twist though.. The 12th is Saturday.. Problem is, this is our tikes b-day. Mary stated that we (us that is) will not be running boats on the 12th.. :(

Will Sunday do? Where do we run? Ron's pond was sure nice.. I can bring a 10' jon boat with elec. troller if allowed for the pond.

Mark..

OB Nut Racing: Have boat, will travel... :)

G.R. Boaters?

Well i guess sunday would work, See some of us have a drive back to home and then work on monday. But if you cant do it on sat, then i will guess sunday will work. or miss work instead of the fun run. :D

and that was a nice little pond there by ron in kal.

wasnt to weed choked.

Tom

I looked at the D-2 race schedule just before I posted this. It's clear that weekend except for a Gas race that I won't be going to anyway. A Sunday is fine with me, I'll give up some double-time pay to spend some time with you guys and gals again! I plan on bringing more boats along this time and leaving some home. One goal is to get more wives and girlfriends to get their hands on some transmitters including my wife this time. If anyone wants to fire up a grill we can do that too.

Yes, boats are allowed on that pond. There is a joke of a boat landing there but we can carry it down with no trouble. I can see about having another boater bring his boat if we need it which could save you the hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
What no Leakin Leena ? Soggy Drawers Part Three? :p

Where da moss grows, Nobody knows :lol:

Gene :D

My Wife & i plan i going. Sunday works for us. :D I hope to have her boat done by then.

LOL about the soggy drawers, I think we all were wett in the back that day.

And Mark might be a good idea to bring the boat along.

Ron or someone is going to have to give directions again, or do a map thingy.

LOL I CRS

Tom

Coming in from Grand Rapids is the easiest way to get there but only works coming from that area. South on US-131 to the first Kalamazoo exit that's 1-1/4 miles South of the "D" Avenue rest area. Get in the left lane because you get off there on the 131 BL. Get off at the first exit, Douglas Ave, turn left (North) to Mosel. Take Mosel all the way to the end, turn right on Virginia and go to Mount Olivet. Turn right and look for the Park sign on your left about 400' down. When you're coming in on the Business Loop, look towards the horizon and you'll see the light blue water tower that's in the Park.

For others coming in different directions, let me know what way you'll be coming from and I'll give you the best route.

nitrotoys said:
G.R. Boaters?
:( OOPppsssss Well, kinda a put that up there to get Outboardman10 and his dad to notice. Haven't seen them on for awhile. Anyone been in contact with them?

Didn't mean to "not" include you, Dale, others that drive in to have fun. Figured you would know what it meant on the main header. Heck, I'm wait'n for PJ to show up. :D

Glad to see some will cut short work to show up! :D Think I need to go visit a bank or two :ph34r: :ph34r: :lol:

Hope to have more varitiy of boats with us. Don't know if I'll get the Q40 done.. Hopefully it will, but will bring along anyway.

Mark..

OB Nut Racing...

Keep me posted on the boat requirement. I can bring two trolling motors if needed.

Mark...

sunday sounds great to me.. i'll ask for it off now.. i sold my kyack back in december, but if needed i could prolly pursuade my mom to let me borrow hers

Aww Man :huh:

If you guys could wait a week I would be there to meet you...Oh Wait, that's Father's Day. :huh: I'm sure many would be upset if we chose that day to run, but then again <_< it is FATHER'S DAY right??? ;)

LMAO, I kill me!

Snowdog

OBman10 and his dad were in Toledo Saturday so I finally met them. I sent them an e-mail last night. They'll probably be bringing an 40 mono and a Sport 40 to run.

Mike, is that the kayak that eats Miss Buds? :lol:

no it's not the bud magnet... i'll warn you though if i bring it i may have to bring the daschound :)

That was Dales boat that the BUD boats liked.

I hope this day is as nice as the one last year there in kal.

It was a nice sunny day.

Mark, I would plan on bringing the boat and troller.

I dont care what boat it is, Nitro, Gas, You have to chase them all. :D :D

Some people say you dont have to chase gas boats as much, BS.

Are we going to set like who and how many boats run at a time?

I dont want a free for all out on the water.

and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Boats in the water when the chaser boats out.

NO KIDS IN THE WATER,

And remember OLD Shoes or BOOTS, remember all the goose **** there last year?

and last of all, lets have fun there.

Lets DONATE to FLY IN PJ to the Funrun..

any takers?

Tom

Hey guys, outboardman10 (my son) and myself will most likely be there. Not sure if his mono 40 will be done and maybe not even my sport 40. But we will have his "b" tunnel to run. If nothing else we wil stop in just to hang out for awhile. Love the smell of nitro Keep us informed John

Yes, we will have rules this time. Those kids won't be there, I'll make sure of that! I had old Tennies in my truck but didn't bring them down, rubber boots are a better idea even if we need a designated launcher.

The Park is in the middle of the upgrades including a Bike Trail that is almost done. I'm waiting to see where they are putting up the fishing docks. Maybe we'll get lucky and be able to have a drivers stand!

As we get closer to the date, we'll try to work out any frequency conflicts. Also no mismatching of boats on the water, i.e., no Gas boats while little Nitro boats are out. We ought to have a lot of tunnel boats there this time so maybe they could stage a race or two.

What No gas boats running when nitros are?

:eek: boats a boat :eek:

Well hope i am not the only one there with gassers.

waiting on Dale to chim in.

Tom

I used the word "Little". I don't want to see a Gas 'rigger driving over a little Nitro boat. No problem if you are running .40-.60 monos with the Gassers for instance. We ought to keep the sizes somewhat close when running. If somebody does want to toss their .12 boat in while you're running a big boat, they'll do it at their own risk.

Back