• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

question for raptor 347

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian,

Can you provide a layman's explanation of the difference in performance between a 17-45 and 19-38 series prop of the same diameter and pitch?

Brian, when you get a 1715-19-38(2), I would like you to finish it for me. We still have lots of hard water here, so I can wait. Thanks Brian, Richard

So here is the general picture:

The 17-45 series has more area and cup built into the casting as well as less rake. The 17-45 has more load than the 19-38 series at the same diameter/pitch.

The 17-45's were initially aimed at electrics, 19-38's were developed for nitro/gas. There is crossover of course.

A 17-45 is a faster prop at the same rpm. But harder to get to launch on a nitro/gas boat.

As a rule, you'll see better performance going up/down in pitch/diameter rather than making radical blade mods.

Back