Huntsville Model Boat Club has a NEW location but the same lake!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
Thank to all of our club members that came to help today. We had a great turnout and several sets of eyes to look over the new course. Sensor poles are in and both 1/3 and 1/4 mile courses are set up. The city has checked our course markers and we should have the paperwork next week.
The lake looks bigger now that we can see the whole lake and we are centered. We now have over 700 feet from both of the point buoys to the ends of the lake. We also set the course 90 feet instead of just 75 feet from the shore so that there will be plenty of room on the front straight.
Next step is getting the launch area concrete poured with a boat ramp on the North side of it.
Our next work day is 14 Nov 15 and hopefully we can put in the fence to guard the retrieve boat and the pit area.
Several guys enjoyed the pleasant weather and smooth water today. Hopefully 14 Nov will be as pleasant.

NEW pad will be 53 feet X 47feet

IMG_0001.JPGIMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0006.JPGIMG_0009.JPGIMG_0010.JPG

Also the new sensor mount we are going to use. Should allow much quicker set up and tear down times.IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news!
default_smile.png

Hey Terry just found out from the city engineer that we have at a minimum on the south end over 770 feet and well over 850 feet on the north end from the beginning turn buoys to the shoreline. Loads of run out area now for the Fast Electric guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great nice to see that the city is a great help. Might just take a ride down. (*¿*)

Nails

Come on down Bob I might have a surprise to show you I'm pretty sure I came up with a quicker and easier method for setting the timing equipment up.

Come on down Bob I might have a surprise to show you I'm pretty sure I came up with a quicker and easier method for setting the timing equipment up.
Hi Bill

And I just have some changes to make setting up the Consel and the near side sensors worry free.

Walley Durante and Rdger Leas Set some super times in LSG 27 Cat and LSG 36 Cat. Check out

The IMPBA record holders.

Nails

Nails

Bill,

Earlier in the year there was a Nov 14 practice date, I assume that is off the calender now. Is this correct?

Can you share the details on setting up the sensors? In particular, how high off the water are they? Thanks! Are you still using the infrared Allen Bradley sensors, I think part number 42RLR-4000B?

I never finished the timing system I started 4 years ago, but I have switched to using an Arduino micro controller programmed in C for the timing and hope to have it done for next spring.

Thanks for any info!

Can you share the details on setting up the sensors? In particular, how high off the water are they? Thanks! Are you still using the infrared Allen Bradley sensors, I think part number 42RLR-4000B?

I never finished the timing system I started 4 years ago, but I have switched to using an Arduino micro controller programmed in C for the timing and hope to have it done for next spring.

Thanks for any info!
See 1 st post and you can see the new style mount I came up with for the sensors they are still the same ones. They need to be about 1 1/2 to 2 inches above the water.

Thanks for any info!
See 1 st post and you can see the new style mount I came up with for the sensors they are still the same ones. They need to be about 1 1/2 to 2 inches above the water.
Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Back