Air boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmazor

I would like to share my experience in tunnel hall airboat design. I already test this hall with outrunner motor and 10x6" prop. Now this 27" airboat equipped with EDF with 4 lb of trust. I'll test it in the water in Jan.

DSCN0185.JPG

DSCN0186.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Boris,

I have an old wooden Dumas tunnel with a .21 OPS turned upside down to lower center of gravity with a 10X7 wood prop. Haven't played with it for years but it is up on my shelf for conversation purposes?? It was pretty quick on dewey grass in a smooth open field but in the water it is just a bit to narrow to stay upright in any type of sharp turn. It was fun while the racing season was slow for sure if you are in the snow belt(Who isn't) your should go like a bandit on the snow!!!

Later!!

Pat

Boris,

I have an old wooden Dumas tunnel with a .21 OPS turned upside down to lower center of gravity with a 10X7 wood prop. Haven't played with it for years but it is up on my shelf for conversation purposes?? It was pretty quick on dewey grass in a smooth open field but in the water it is just a bit to narrow to stay upright in any type of sharp turn. It was fun while the racing season was slow for sure if you are in the snow belt(Who isn't) your should go like a bandit on the snow!!!

Later!!

Pat
In January I'll post a video for the test drive. It is funny. Boris

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B81CeY0x_Asqa2VDTVhKTWM4QzQ/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
Boris,

Later!!

Pat
In January I'll post a video for the test drive. It is funny. Boris
My grandson make this video.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B81CeY0x_Asqa2VDTVhKTWM4QzQ/view?usp=sharing

I didn't realize from first pic that it was a ducted fan and you were turning the motor?? That's pretty cool! Mine is just top heavy with the prop cage and motor mount?? I would still throw it out on a field of level snow and make some tracks!

Later!!

Pat

Back