O.S. outboard help.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andymicke

Hey folks .

Just looking for possible advice.

I have the chance to pick this outboard up somewhat locally. The seller says he isn't to familiar with nitro outboard. Has never run or mounted it. And doesn't know if it has a lot or a little compression. The price is good. But if it does need some repair are the parts available. It is very clean and looks unused from the photos. And the price is very very right. Thanks in advance for the help.

Screenshot_20170618-194425.jpg

Besides screwdrivers and Allen wrenches I don't think so. I rebuilt the powerhead on mine twice and I believe that's all I needed

The fly wheel nut is left hand threads not right handed important to remember. Plus the picture shown has an Octura water pickup which will add drag and slow the speed down.

The fly wheel nut is left hand threads not right handed important to remember. Plus the picture shown has an Octura water pickup which will add drag and slow the speed down.
I won't be doingany racing. Just bashing at the pond. However. What would be an alternative to the way it's setup now? And thanks for the left-hand thread comment. Didn't know.

The skeg is highly modified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan

Could that make this thing run poorly? Perhaps that's why he's so willing to let it go so cheaply. Would that be a deal breaker?

Thanks everyone for your help

The skeg is highly modified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan

Could that make this thing run poorly? Perhaps that's why he's so willing to let it go so cheaply. Would that be a deal breaker?

Thanks everyone for your help
The Skeg is not a problem, I would take that over stock any day. I have run a lot smaller skeg. TB
Same here that is a NON issue and will help with more speed. Get an OS water pick up it's cheap and will also help with speed use at least 60% nitro fuel also they love high nitro and small dia. props.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Will undoubtedly get with mark. He is an outstanding gent.

Back