muffleing outboards in europe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what are the outboard boaters in Europe using to quiet their tuned pipes ? thanks
I cut a silencer off a nova pipe I no longer used and Ali soldered it to the Irwin pipe, works an absolute treat..
Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

steven , could you post a picture ? thanks
Hey Bob I'm away on holiday for a few weeks so I can't post you any pictures yet, as soon as I get back I'll get you a picture unless I find one on my phone.
S

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

rody , thanks for the photo , is that outboard a 21 size ? , does anyone make a car muffler for a 45 size outboard ? thanks

Looks like a 21 to me. What I'm curious about is who makes that set up? Was it a RTR OB or is it something Rody put together?

thanks for the photos , did you use jb weld to hold the canister ?
Yes, I made a tube of carbon/glass with epoxy resin, and used JB Weld to fasten it to my Salisbury pipe.

I`m constantly trying other solutions as well, the thing is they have to be as light and short as possible and still meet the noise requirements (80dB)

Makes it a little challenging
default_rolleyes.gif

rody , thanks for the photo , is that outboard a 21 size ? , does anyone make a car muffler for a 45 size outboard ? thanks
Hi Bob,

Yes, that is an .21 outboard engine.

Only for .21 size engines there is a wide range of homologated pipes available. Unfortunately not for the .45 size engines.

Latest posts

Back