CC fuel bags

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a bunch of them about a year ago from Carlo at CC RACING ENGINES. So far so good.
Why do you keep using the plastic I V bag when I can build I can build you a SS tank that does not need burped and will last as long as the boat. I know there are different opinions on this subject, but I have built a lot of fuel tanks for gas and they have not had any problems that I am aware of.

Thanks

Walt Barney

I have a couple of gas scales where the bag sorta squeezes under a cross bar and around canard brackets etc. It would be difficult to get a tank to squeeze around all that. Your tanks are in all my other stuff... as you know.

The CC Racing bags were 500 cc Baxter bags, and are still considered the "gas standard" for gas boats. The key to keeping them soft is to keep them filled completely with fuel ( no air pockets ) while not in use. And a short time in the sun, and they are soft again. And for guys who have to "Winter" their boats for several months, they should swap for new every Spring. Burping a bag ( getting air pockets out ) is as simple as reversing your fill pump. And don't pump fuel in, until you have back pumped to get the air out of the fill line.

Hanson still lists the other bags on Al's site ( currently out of stock - phone call ). They are 16 oz. ( 473 ccs. ).

The Gizmo bags have been reported to have problems in the past.

Hard tanks are fine for nitro, but bags can be placed anywhere for balance changes for weather conditions. There's no venting issues or worry about keeping water out. Bags or hard tanks, everyone has the choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back