JAE rigger fuel tank

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeraldClark

Where can I buy the bladder style fuel tanks. I understand there is a special way of filling the bladders anyone care to explain the procedure for filling them?

Walt Barney (Tanks 2 U) can get you what you need. His information is at the manufacturer forum.

The bladder type tanks are mainly used for gas boats. If you need a special sized tank Walt makes great metal tanks and there are some other custom tank builders in the manufactures forum. I use a Sulivan 8 once flex tank in a JAE 21.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerald,

Most bladder tanks are for gas boats, I build Stainless Steel fuel tanks with a header tank inside the main tank, if you have any questions email me At

[email protected] or call me 256-779-6472 , as you can tell I stay up late, I have a lot of years in building the tanks for nitro and gas boats.

Walt Barney

I have experimented with badder tanks in nitro applications.

They are not like a gas bag.. they are a closed bladder in a capsule with pressure around the bladder.

They were not worth the hassle of fueling (which in its self was a PITA..) I also gained no performance.

Grim

I also tried the type Grim is describing. They have a bladder inside a rigid plastic bottle, which allows you to apply pipe pressure to the bladder. I agree 100%, not worth it.

I have built nitro tanks for gas cars way back in the 70. Are there any kits available for someone to build. If so manufacturer please.

I'm not aware of any kits for tanks. Each hull is unique in shape so not really practical to offer kits given the limited market. I have purchased tanks for my JAE 21 and 91 from Walt Barney and they are well worth the money.

Grimracer/ Mike I still have the video you published om Me-Time for building a fuel tank, I built several that worked just fine. Could you make that available so modeler's could see the details of tank building.

Good idea.. but.. We will have to talk to Doug and Kerri at Metime.. they have the video someplace.. I am sorry I dont have the video.

BTY, Thanks and I am glad that helped you.. it was a fun video to do.

Grim

Back