New Hydro design and build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Elson

Been wanting to design and build 1 of these for a while now and after few small sketches i decided was time to do full size drawing i wanted it to be
i wanted to get the exhaust inside the hull to keep it sleek lines and looks not the easiest but with some certain regulations over here in our club i wanted to be able to race it and bring something new to the water
Once happy with drawings i started the build LOL
everything you see is done by hand and once started piecing it together hence the LOL above i started changing couple of lines till i was satisfied
Hope you like and enjoy the pics

Question, are those brad nails holding on the bottom sheeting? Just curious. As an alternate, I use small cap head screws to hold down ply till the epoxy dries. They are bout the size of a 2/56 bolt x 3/8".Then back them out and fill.

Very nice great looking craftsmanship!!!! very impressive CUDOS to you
Thanks Jim
default_wink.png

Question, are those brad nails holding on the bottom sheeting? Just curious. As an alternate, I use small cap head screws to hold down ply till the epoxy dries. They are bout the size of a 2/56 bolt x 3/8".Then back them out and fill.
Hi Mike there lost head panel pins or as i call them thumb hitters from trying to hold them LOL

there only 8mm long x 0.7 mm

tbh dont normally use them but this build and other im working on going straight to pattern coat and molding
default_wink.png

Oh sweet, for a plug I can see it. Running boat would probably work there way out at some point. Cool.

How wide is the transom? just asking as Id hate for you to build a boat thats not legal for sport hydro

Made more progress
topdeck skins are done still needs final sanding but will do that in 1 hit once complete
Prepped and added skin to sponson top had to use few more tacks than would of liked but wont be an issue
default_wink.png

Back