About time..........................

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwilfong

Well I have had this eng sitting around now for a few years and figured it was time to you know what or get off the pot.

Got the VAC 1.05 all built up and fitted in my SGX.

Took a little to squeeze it all in there but it fit.

The eng is a VAC .91 with a RS 1.01 liner in it and a custom piston made by Scott Bouchie .

The case was bored out by Steve Wood and the rod small end also opened up for the 1.01 wrist pin.

The intake track was shortened to put the carb closer to the valve. It was also opened up to .600

The carb is custom made by me and is .600 in size. Dale Powel helped with the design of the carb.

This eng is the reason I had the full complement ceramic bearings built up by Greg Settle.

So we will see if thy hold up to the ponding of the big piston.

The crank is also balanced this time around to help with the pounding.

Took two big slugs of tungsten to get it to 52%.

Well off to the pond for the first time in a long time to test...............................

Hope it don't blow up.........................LOL

DSCN2865.JPG

DSCN2866.JPG

FrankenMotor is Baaack !!!!
default_cool.png
default_cool.png
default_cool.png

Just LMK when to dawn the safety glasses and ear plugs
default_rolleyes.gif
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Frankenmotor runs like you hope I'll have to send you this HEAVY DUTY SGX that we built for that BEAST a couple of years ago!
default_smile.png

Andy I remember us talking about the new boat build................If the eng holds up and I have any cash left after the Vector build we will talk again.

This one dose look like Frankenstein with all the plates and screws holding it now.

I'm hell on a boat..........................LOL

The pipe on the boat was done after we talked at the Winter Nat's.

Tom did a great job welding all the pieces together that Scott made for me.

It is a bigger version of your fat belly pipe design.

The hardest part will be loading the eng with the right prop.

You have that SS prop??????????????

Just got done prepping the boat for testing tomorrow....................

Wish me luck bin a few since I ran a boat......................

I told all the guys to bring there hard hats and safety glasses to the pond with them.........................LOL

Just got done prepping the boat for testing tomorrow....................

Wish me luck bin a few since I ran a boat......................

I told all the guys to bring there hard hats and safety glasses to the pond with them.........................LOL
Are you try mix Nitro 65% and some gas ??
default_laugh.png

It's alive....... It's alive...........

Runs like a dream.............................

Now need to find a prop to load the beast.

1 gal of 50% threw the eng and two tanks of 60% all is good................

Now comes the hard part playing with props...........Bin a few have to check what I have and start the prop game.......................

Bearing are nice and the piston seated up perfect. Tungsten still in place...............thin cut down drum still in one piece.

The RPM's are there will start to shorten the pipe next run when I get some props prepped.

This boat is to small.............pulls the front end up coming out of the corners and flaps the sponsons standing on the prop 1/3 down the straits.

The guys got a show for sure........I stayed in it to see how far I could take it............Duck and cover...................LOL

It is a hand full to drive..............even at over 11lbs ready to run.

Need a longer boat........................

All the guys were there even Lupi and Scott.........Had a great time......Bin a wile since I have bin to the pond to test.

Think next week is a work day for the WN.......If I can find some more nitro this week I will run it again next weekend.

The 40 mono was feeling its oats also...........................great air today..................

David,

A 2920 should load it up just fine?

Good to here you are back testing.

Mark Sholund

That 1667 you v cut and I had Norm heat treat is what runs the best.

I have pitched it up and opened up the LE pitch some.

Still running after 5 years of pounding with the 1.01 and tweaking it.

Got a few props to play with.....just hate doing prop work.....................................

That 1667 you v cut and I had Norm heat treat is what runs the best.

I have pitched it up and opened up the LE pitch some.

Still running after 5 years of pounding with the 1.01 and tweaking it.

Got a few props to play with.....just hate doing prop work.....................................
I have fuel for you I'll drop it off at your house Tuesday brother. I have plenty I will not use.

Julian

Well spent some time talking with Andy to day. Bin a wile since we had a good conversation about boats and as always was very enlightening.

So I am going to try some thing totally new with the Eagle.

I will post some picks when It is done............

Lets just say it should make this Eagle FLY.........................................

Keep tuned more to come....................................

Back