VP fuels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Ashcroft

The future of petroleum fuels as we all no is slowly coming to an end unfortunately.Just reading a message on VP Australia webpage stating that the minister for environment has told VP fuels that in 2 years leaded fuel will be banned along with avgas .So its enevitable that methanol and nitro will follow closely behind.

David,

I have no idea of where you got that from. The Government are in fact encouraging Alcohol based fuels.

why would banning leaded fuel mean methanol and nitro is doomed? leaded fuel should be banned, since lead is toxic in nasty ways that methanol isn't.

Leaded fuel hasnt been sold in the states for years and has nothing to do with nitro or Methanol
avgas can be had in 100LL (100 octane "low lead") and you can still get leaded race gas. Some people seem to think their 8:1 compression Zenoahs need it for some reason.

I know leaded fuel has been banned here since 2000 for the public road users,but VP was aloud to continue selling as a race fuel.

Jim nothing to do with zenoah engines ,just stating what read ..perhaps you may like to go to VP website and read it for yourself.Im not trying to start a s@@t fight here haha,just passing on some info if anyone was interested.Not that you should worry yet,,its in Australia

Last edited by a moderator:
I know leaded fuel has been banned here since 2000 for the public road users,but VP was aloud to continue selling as a race fuel.

Jim nothing to do with zenoah engines ,just stating what read ..perhaps you may like to go to VP website and read it for yourself.Im not trying to start a s@@t fight here haha,just passing on some info if anyone was interested.Not that you should worry yet,,its in Australia
yeah, I read it, but the part about "methanol and nitromethane being next" are just that guy's opinion. leaded gas is bad because lead is a neurotoxin, and breating airborne lead leads to bioaccumulation (i.e. your body gets rid of it so slowly that it builds up the more you're exposed.) Methanol is only toxic if you drink the stuff, and nitromethane isn't really all that toxic at all.

Nitromethane is actually used in the farming of strawberries. Cleaning computer boards is one of its biggest uses. When Dow bought Angus out here in the U.S. racing was only 5% of their business and that is why Dow quit selling it for the racing industry. Thank you Vp for selling fuel to us racers!

Back