Vintage Sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Betke

Supporting Member
I picked this up a while back. I thought at the time that it was an old Pickert boat from the 70's. After looking thru some old flying models magazines at Dad's I am not so sure anymore.

Any Ideas?

I always thought this was a cool looking boat back when I was a kid. One of these days, I'll restore it.

013.JPG

Want a red one to? If I did not throw it away I have one as well
Send it south before you throw it away- lol . If its as heavy as Mike says , it may be fun with a .90
default_rolleyes.gif

I agree its a hoss or little hoss. these boats were very popular in So California back in the early 70's. I believe they were made in Arizona

Ken Riley bought the mold for the little Hos and made them in San Francisco ,Grate running hull for sport 40.Lots of fun to run and real easy to set up..It used marine spicalty hardware.. Just bolt on and run...

Mike. I have one. I ran a .65 Super Tiger side exhaust back in 1969. It is a Little hoss and was made in Arizona. It is built like a tank and I never blew it off.

would that u-4 be legal in 1/8 scale ?

LiL hoss with a k/b 6.5 rsll was my first hydro...

the hull was given to me by John Borden`s step dad Mel Lenz.

fun little hydro with that k/b 6.5...

would that u-4 be legal in 1/8 scale ?

LiL hoss with a k/b 6.5 rsll was my first hydro...

the hull was given to me by John Borden`s step dad Mel Lenz.

fun little hydro with that k/b 6.5...
James, are you asking about the U-4 in Andy's avitar?

If so, yes it is a legal scale. That particular hull is a Muck/Borden hull with a few bottom changes

Hey Rick,

In post #7 Eric has a link to a boat, click on the link

and go to post #4 the u4 is in the photos...

Back