First Annual Nitro Winter Shootout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Davis

Just talked to Mike Culhane, President of the Brandon Club. He is submitting the application to the County for the race to be the 24th & 25th of January, 2015. I provide this info so that you can do your planning to attend as early as we can get you the info.

We hope to have this up on rcracingevents.com by the end of the week or first of next week.

I will send a mailing as soon as I get the completed details.

Awesome news Marty, looking forward to these nitro events next year.I will be there with bells on.

yes about time..lookin forward to this and many more..i cant get my xhydro into winternats cuz it is full with only 6boats REALLY!!!!!! wow so lets do this ...don't get me wrong I love gas boats ... and would like to build and race them someday.... but lets b fair ...in the gas classes there are over 30 - 40 boats.

How about this, I got a phone call from a Gas boater the other night and he asked me if I was infaver of this nitro only race,and I replied to him yes,he then said to me I just lost all respect for you John Otto and then hung the phone up on me. How crazy is that.

Cool Beans I am there!! There will be a lot of fast boats and good drivers at this race. Better bring your a game!!!!!!!!

How about this, I got a phone call from a Gas boater the other night and he asked me if I was infaver of this nitro only race,and I replied to him yes,he then said to me I just lost all respect for you John Otto and then hung the phone up on me. How crazy is that.
Totally absurd and shows that persons immaturity . There are a ton of Gas only races , whats wrong with a Nitro only race ? No different than an IMAC flying event or a Pattern or Pylon event , different species of the same concept . Great to see this moving forward .

John,,,, Just shows the STUPIDITY of some in our hobby. What are we supposed to do... Just sit and let this facet of model boating disappear, I mean really, what are we supposed to do when a long time national event limits some classes to 6 slots to race in?

I just hope someone like Phil Thomas will rethink his entry in said race and make a trip to the west coast of Florida instead of central Florida.

I just hope I am able to make the race,,, didn't realize it would be that early in the year... Will do what I can to make/support these efforts.

Weird, I would think that they would be on board with this. look at it this way, mixed races would be 24 class's to be ran in two or three days(that's a lot of class's choking everyone's time), our nitro races will have 15 class's which leaves only 9 class's for gas boats. this leaves room for both sides to grow on weekend races. with the support i see with our nitro events coming up this will be great especially when we start seeing 90-150 nitro boats at a single weekend race. This individual that spoke to you this way may not have raced a nitro boat before. We can not please everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeremey most Gas guys have never run Nitro and dont want to i could keep going but not the place to say what i feel about it, it is time for nitro only races

Weird, I would think that they would be on board with this. look at it this way, mixed races would be 24 class's to be ran in two or three days(that's a lot of class's choking everyone's time), our nitro races will have 15 class's which leaves only 9 class's for gas boats. this leaves room for both sides to grow on weekend races. with the support i see with our nitro events coming up this will be great especially when we start seeing 90-150 nitro boats at a single weekend race. This individual that spoke to you this way may not have raced a nitro boat before. We can not please everyone.
Assuming the person who called Otto possess' common sense, and rather than divide the hobby/sport, has the best interest in promoting it, this would make sense. However......
default_smile.png

Any chance this will be an IMPBA sanction? Just asking since nitro and tunnels have no representation in NAMBA3. Per Namba Dist 3 rules: Board of Directors with voting privileges will consist of District Director, Assistant Director(s), Treasurer, Gas Director, Scale Director, Thunderboat Director and offshore Director. Scale is the only nitro link here and where do nitro, tunnels and Fe members that pay NAMBA dues go? They have to start their own events. Sorry Marty for the soap box on your thread but it needs to be recognized when John has to field that kind of call. Tunnels will be at your race.

Mic

Go to the NAMBA Dis 3 web sight and let me know on the high points section.

How many nitro boats ran this year at all the races???????

Will be waiting to see what you all come up with.

Great answer John. Maybe he will call me next!!!...
default_wink.png

Sound like a great time to make a trip from Wisconsin to race. Our race season is already over and I want to race more! Winter is too long here.

I assumed that this will be a NAMBA event because it is held at the Brandon site. The list of classes are all NAMBA except for the F hydro which is X hydro in NAMBA, I personally will be there with maybe 4 nitro boats, Tom Foley can show me how to run that many boats. Rick, hope to see you there.

Bill Hoch

Stuart, Fl.

Back