Thanksgiving St Petersburg Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Davis

The race the weekend after Thanksgiving at the Tampa Model Boat Club pond is coming up soon. I have negotiated a special rate with a very closeby motel and invite people coming to look at the info about this motel. The motel is the Comfort Inn North at the 54th Ave N Exit and I-275. It is right next to the Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Tell them that you are part of the Tampa Model Boat Assn Group and you will get a rate of $79 which is regularly $99.

Here is the page on our website with all the motels by distance from the pond as well as prices: http://tampa-model-boat-club.com/motels.html

We will be opening up some more spots for those on the wait list as we get closer to the race. If your name is on that list, the chances for participation are good. There are a few classes that have not gotten enough emntries and we will cancel those classes soon and add heats to the most in demand classes. If you are interested in the classes with few entries, you have better get in soon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone the weekend after Thanksgiving. Especially the Northern people to get away from the cold weather. I used to come to a Florida race that weekend and always enjoyed the weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the deadline for payment for the Thanksgiving Double Points Race coming up the 1st of November, there are a few openings starting. I am filling the wait list with these cancellations, but there might be a few more that will open up. If you are interested in coming or adding another class keep an eye on the sign up page on rcracingevents.com.

I know that an opening for 40 Hydro (B Hydro) just opened up and there is no wait list for that class at this point.

Marty Davis

A couple spots have opened up in the Gas Classes in the past day or so. There is 1 slot in GX1 Rigger and 3 in GX1 Sport Hydro. Both of these classes filled almost immediately when we opened up the registration.

Get these spots fast, they will be GONE.

The deadline for payment for the Thanksgiving race is approaching (Friday). If you are coming, you need to pay via PayPal or Mail to assure your place.

If you know that you are not coming, let me know so that we can put someone in your place from the wait list.

Just talked to Perry Walter and he has been trying to find some additional 1/8 Scale entries. If you want to run 1/8 Scale, get entered right away before we have to eliminate that class.

Look forward to seeing everyone for this Double Points Race.

We have filled all the slots that are on the wait list for the Thanksgiving Race and there are actually a few openings now. If you are interested in adding a class or two, now is the time to do it.

Here is the current availability for classes for your information.

openings.jpg

There are a few classes that it looks like might not make, so we will be adding heats to any that are full.

If you have any questions or concerns, give me a call at 727-867-9696 or write me a personal message on IW.

Marty Davis

At the end of this week (after Friday), we will be removing the classes that have not made minimum so we can order trophies. The minimum number of entries required to make a class is 5.

The classes that have not made are:

C Mono - need 1 more entry to make 5

GX1 Rigger - need 2 more entries to make 5

Twin Gas Rigger - need 4 more entries to make 5

Twin Nitro Rigger - need 2 more entries to make 5

Unless we get enough entries to make 5, we will remove the class next Monday.

Tell your buddies and lets get these filled.....

I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to notice that.

Right out of the dis. 3 rules.

4. "There must be a minimum of three (3) paid entries for any class to be considered legal, and to be run for District High Points.

As I understand it Marty is proposing "6 BOATS" min. to make a class at the all Nitro race. Not exactly the way to encourage entries.

default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

The race is still a ways off. This is not HIS RACE and there is supposed to be a joint (Brandon and Tampa) formal club meeting for the members to disuss and iron all of this out before it's posted.

In my opinion if you want to encourage as many nitro entries as possable it should be 3 boats min, all nitro classes (that make the 3 boat min.) and a regular 4 heat race.

Everybody gets to run 4 rounds, no complicated scoring, and its easier on the people that have to run the race.

AMEN this format stuff i dont like lets race, to make it fun you can do like Herb Stewart race drop one bad round, also all races should be the same 2 day races

We are trying something different with the nitro series to try and spark a fire in everybody to come out and race, if nitro was doing so well with the typical heat racing, scoring and running mixed with gas then there would be a lot more nitro boaters at district races. with this being said we need nitro boaters to come out and support this new thing we are trying or there will be nobody wanting to race nitro boats. Racing 3 boats is not fun, in a class there should be 6-18 boats to make full heats to make it fun to travel and spend 300-400 dollars on a weekend event. Traveling and being with great friends and having great racing is what this hobby should be about.

So what's being said if you only have 3 boats for that class they can't run that gets expensive drive a long ways find out you can't run let's think with common sense we all want it to work

What's being said Robert, is talk to other racers and encorge those that race that class to come out and support that class, I am pretty sure there are more then three boats here in Florida for almost every nitro class, common sense is fully ingaged, let's get out there and support are hobby and spread are knowledge and fun with new comers and so on.

What i am getting at is down here you are not going to get more then 3 boats of tunnels and a couple more classes we would like to see scale and sport40 come back but to make it at a 6 boat limit is high for alot of classes, i am just saying make it a 3 boat min. go from there

Probably just an oversite that bringing it up corrected.

You are correct Robert - less then 6 boats and the class will be dropped. So more people are going to sit around and wait to see if there class is going to make it before signing up.

Again - you don't encourage nitro by limiting entries and classes.

Back